cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Tessa, great photos of Samson! how do you keep his coat so clean and beautiful looking?!

I love Lake Isabella/Kern River area...beautiful place. I went white water rafting there many years back and had the time of my life! Would love to take Tate and Finn there one day.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
OMG...when I first looked at those shots, it appeared as though you were wearing a BEER CAN HAT (like Grandma used to crochet) - but it was just the chip bags on top of the cooler.

Whew.

I thought we were going to have to have a style intervention for you here......Friends don't let friends wear Crocheted Beer Can Hats, mmmkay?

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I know it is just getting so bad up there isnt it? SAD! At least it shouldnt have been crowded I hope anyhow? I know they stopped stocking the Kern with trout a few years ago cuz hubby gets frustrated when he goes. Says fishing is :poo: there now, at least on the river. Figure it trickles down so doesnt surprise me. Sad tho cuz they are going to lose their only decent business. All that will be left there are the "crowds" that are partying and destroying it all instead of real nature people who just want to catch some trout. Every year he says he isnt going down the hill the next trip but he still does in hopes of.... We will see if he gets a license this year or not. That view from your Grams house IS amazing tho! WOW!

It's SOOO sad to see it going down hill the way it is, makes me mad! It wasn't really crowded but they were still quite a few people up there. They were having a wedding at McNallys/Fairview so I think there were alot more people up there this weekend than would normally be there this time of year (looked like such a cute wedding, I'd love to do that if we didn't have my grandma's house).

What great pictures! Looks like a day full of fun! :up:

My Mom used to take us to the Kern River for camping when we were kids. There used to be a rock called "alligator rock." Do you know that one?

I do know of alligator rock but we have never really spent any time there that I can remember, we never really go past McNallys/Fairview and alligator rock is past there. I have spent LOTS of time there since my grandparents moved up there 23 years ago so we could have gone there a bunch of times before when I was little and I just don't remember LOL

Tessa, great photos of Samson! how do you keep his coat so clean and beautiful looking?!

I love Lake Isabella/Kern River area...beautiful place. I went white water rafting there many years back and had the time of my life! Would love to take Tate and Finn there one day.

Wasn't always that way LOL Took a while to find the right food but that is what has really seemed to make the biggest difference, that with salmon oil and making sure he gets his allergy medicine twice a day because when he doesn't get it his eyes water like crazy (among other things) which makes his face look awful! The other thing that I LOVE LOVE for irritated wrinkles is that neo-predef powder. So even when his face does get icky from like high pollen count/environmental allergy issues it heals it up real quick.

The kern river is awesome for rafting and I couldn't agree more, it is absolutely beautiful up there :)

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
OMG...when I first looked at those shots, it appeared as though you were wearing a BEER CAN HAT (like Grandma used to crochet) - but it was just the chip bags on top of the cooler.

Whew.

I thought we were going to have to have a style intervention for you here......Friends don't let friends wear Crocheted Beer Can Hats, mmmkay?

LOL yeah no I don't wear those. My grandma however LOVES to crochet and I do have a number of just regular crocheted beanies that I wear from time to time :eek::blush2:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)

Whew.

Hey when camping you do things out of necessity, I got my dad a beer holster. Holds a 6 pack for hiking, wears like a belt. lmao BADASS. If that were a beer hat that held beers.... ugly or not, camping might be fun to have. lmao
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION].... thats funny cuz we rarely go past mcnallys but the north side of it. So I guess I have been to that rock probably but have no clue. haha

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Hey when camping you do things out of necessity, I got my dad a beer holster. Holds a 6 pack for hiking, wears like a belt. lmao BADASS. If that were a beer hat that held beers.... ugly or not, camping might be fun to have. lmao
TessaAndSamson.... thats funny cuz we rarely go past mcnallys but the north side of it. So I guess I have been to that rock probably but have no clue. haha

OMG I want the beer holster!

Yup, we are always on the opposite sides of the river from eachother LOL The alligator rock is by the limestone campground which is the one just north of McNallys/Fairview.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
OMG I want the beer holster!

Yup, we are always on the opposite sides of the river from eachother LOL The alligator rock is by the limestone campground which is the one just north of McNallys/Fairview.

No idea the campground names even. lol Here is the link to an almost identical holster but of course my dad and Con both have the coors branded ones. ;) Sadly enough we got them last summer and never remembered to actually use them. hahahaha http://www.amazon.com/Camo-Six-Pack-Beer-Holster-Belt/dp/B00354Q0V6

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
No idea the campground names even. lol Here is the link to an almost identical holster but of course my dad and Con both have the coors branded ones. ;) Sadly enough we got them last summer and never remembered to actually use them. hahahaha http://www.amazon.com/Camo-Six-Pack-Beer-Holster-Belt/dp/B00354Q0V6

Sweet thanks! Dave really needs one of those for clamping! Even though our basic beer of choice is coors light, being the hunter he is I think he'd prefer camo LOL

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
samson has such distinctive colouring...clean and crisp lines. and he looks very distinguished in his get-up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
What great photos.... Samson is very handsome and looks to be enjoying himself

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
samson has such distinctive colouring...clean and crisp lines. and he looks very distinguished in his get-up!

What great photos.... Samson is very handsome and looks to be enjoying himself

Thank you thank you for the compliments! This may not come as a surprise to you but I couldn't agree more :)

Most Reactions