Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 27

Thread: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

  1. #13
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    What great pictures! Looks like a day full of fun!

    My Mom used to take us to the Kern River for camping when we were kids. There used to be a rock called "alligator rock." Do you know that one?
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  2. #14
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Alice Kable's Avatar
    Location
    Joseph, Oregon, United States
    Posts
    4,424
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Such a nice outing for all of you! I HATE it when people trash public places.

  3. #15
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    What great pictures! Looks like a day full of fun!

    My Mom used to take us to the Kern River for camping when we were kids. There used to be a rock called "alligator rock." Do you know that one?
    I dont, but we dont usually camp there so much as drive down the hill for an afternoon of fishing. Funny, we actually camp in the sierras right above the Kern river and most dont even know it is up there. Ahhhh seclusion! Cant wait for camping season! I think @tessandsamson has camped down there much more often than us so maybe she does.

  4. #16
    Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Location
    The Crown City (Pasadena)
    Posts
    9,013
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    1479
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Tessa, great photos of Samson! how do you keep his coat so clean and beautiful looking?!

    I love Lake Isabella/Kern River area...beautiful place. I went white water rafting there many years back and had the time of my life! Would love to take Tate and Finn there one day.




  5. #17
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    OMG...when I first looked at those shots, it appeared as though you were wearing a BEER CAN HAT (like Grandma used to crochet) - but it was just the chip bags on top of the cooler.

    Whew.

    I thought we were going to have to have a style intervention for you here......Friends don't let friends wear Crocheted Beer Can Hats, mmmkay?

  6. #18
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I know it is just getting so bad up there isnt it? SAD! At least it shouldnt have been crowded I hope anyhow? I know they stopped stocking the Kern with trout a few years ago cuz hubby gets frustrated when he goes. Says fishing is there now, at least on the river. Figure it trickles down so doesnt surprise me. Sad tho cuz they are going to lose their only decent business. All that will be left there are the "crowds" that are partying and destroying it all instead of real nature people who just want to catch some trout. Every year he says he isnt going down the hill the next trip but he still does in hopes of.... We will see if he gets a license this year or not. That view from your Grams house IS amazing tho! WOW!
    It's SOOO sad to see it going down hill the way it is, makes me mad! It wasn't really crowded but they were still quite a few people up there. They were having a wedding at McNallys/Fairview so I think there were alot more people up there this weekend than would normally be there this time of year (looked like such a cute wedding, I'd love to do that if we didn't have my grandma's house).

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    What great pictures! Looks like a day full of fun!

    My Mom used to take us to the Kern River for camping when we were kids. There used to be a rock called "alligator rock." Do you know that one?
    I do know of alligator rock but we have never really spent any time there that I can remember, we never really go past McNallys/Fairview and alligator rock is past there. I have spent LOTS of time there since my grandparents moved up there 23 years ago so we could have gone there a bunch of times before when I was little and I just don't remember LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Tessa, great photos of Samson! how do you keep his coat so clean and beautiful looking?!

    I love Lake Isabella/Kern River area...beautiful place. I went white water rafting there many years back and had the time of my life! Would love to take Tate and Finn there one day.
    Wasn't always that way LOL Took a while to find the right food but that is what has really seemed to make the biggest difference, that with salmon oil and making sure he gets his allergy medicine twice a day because when he doesn't get it his eyes water like crazy (among other things) which makes his face look awful! The other thing that I LOVE LOVE for irritated wrinkles is that neo-predef powder. So even when his face does get icky from like high pollen count/environmental allergy issues it heals it up real quick.

    The kern river is awesome for rafting and I couldn't agree more, it is absolutely beautiful up there

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  7. #19
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    OMG...when I first looked at those shots, it appeared as though you were wearing a BEER CAN HAT (like Grandma used to crochet) - but it was just the chip bags on top of the cooler.

    Whew.

    I thought we were going to have to have a style intervention for you here......Friends don't let friends wear Crocheted Beer Can Hats, mmmkay?
    LOL yeah no I don't wear those. My grandma however LOVES to crochet and I do have a number of just regular crocheted beanies that I wear from time to time

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  8. #20
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    OMG...when I first looked at those shots, it appeared as though you were wearing a BEER CAN HAT (like Grandma used to crochet) - but it was just the chip bags on top of the cooler.

    Whew.

    I thought we were going to have to have a style intervention for you here......Friends don't let friends wear Crocheted Beer Can Hats, mmmkay?
    Hey when camping you do things out of necessity, I got my dad a beer holster. Holds a 6 pack for hiking, wears like a belt. lmao BADASS. If that were a beer hat that held beers.... ugly or not, camping might be fun to have. lmao
    @TessaAndSamson.... thats funny cuz we rarely go past mcnallys but the north side of it. So I guess I have been to that rock probably but have no clue. haha

  9. #21
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Hey when camping you do things out of necessity, I got my dad a beer holster. Holds a 6 pack for hiking, wears like a belt. lmao BADASS. If that were a beer hat that held beers.... ugly or not, camping might be fun to have. lmao
    TessaAndSamson.... thats funny cuz we rarely go past mcnallys but the north side of it. So I guess I have been to that rock probably but have no clue. haha
    OMG I want the beer holster!

    Yup, we are always on the opposite sides of the river from eachother LOL The alligator rock is by the limestone campground which is the one just north of McNallys/Fairview.

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  10. #22
    ..........
    Real Name
    Jenn
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    0
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by TessaAndSamson View Post
    OMG I want the beer holster!

    Yup, we are always on the opposite sides of the river from eachother LOL The alligator rock is by the limestone campground which is the one just north of McNallys/Fairview.
    No idea the campground names even. lol Here is the link to an almost identical holster but of course my dad and Con both have the coors branded ones. Sadly enough we got them last summer and never remembered to actually use them. hahahaha http://www.amazon.com/Camo-Six-Pack-.../dp/B00354Q0V6

  11. #23
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    TessaAndSamson's Avatar
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,262
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    8
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    No idea the campground names even. lol Here is the link to an almost identical holster but of course my dad and Con both have the coors branded ones. Sadly enough we got them last summer and never remembered to actually use them. hahahaha http://www.amazon.com/Camo-Six-Pack-.../dp/B00354Q0V6
    Sweet thanks! Dave really needs one of those for clamping! Even though our basic beer of choice is coors light, being the hunter he is I think he'd prefer camo LOL

    "Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

  12. #24
    Dog Park Attendant ollieivy's Avatar
    Posts
    416
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

    samson has such distinctive colouring...clean and crisp lines. and he looks very distinguished in his get-up!
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •