Samson at Lake Isabella/Kern River

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
This weekend we went up to Lake Isabella and the Kern River to fish and to visit my grandma who lives in the area. Samson of course came along :)

Samson at Lake Isabella

KernApril2012003.jpg

Samson at the Kern River

KernApril2012015.jpg

Samson and I by the river

KernApril2012019.jpg

Mr. Sam sunbathing by the river

KernApril2012026.jpg

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Samson takes such great pictures! :love: He is sooooo handsome! :) Thanks for sharing! Looked like it was a good time!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
SO jealous! Looks like he had a blast and I am sure you didnt at all. :p How cold was it? Thinking Memorial Day weekend up there is going to be a cold one.... maybe. haha

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sampson looks awesome! Looks like a super weekend.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Glad you all had fun.... How was the fishing? ;)

OP
TessaAndSamson

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Glad you all had fun.... How was the fishing? ;)

Fishing wasn't that great, I didn't fish because I forgot to get my license before we left home :( but between the 3 boys only Dave caught any and he only caught 2 trout.

SO jealous! Looks like he had a blast and I am sure you didnt at all. :p How cold was it? Thinking Memorial Day weekend up there is going to be a cold one.... maybe. haha

It was cold because they got the same storm up there that we got here in so cal, my grandma said it was snowing during the day on Friday but it wasn't cold enough for it to stick around once it hit the ground. It was in the mid/lower 50's on Saturday, yesterday mid/lower 60's and then this week it was supposed to be warming up to the 70's. Hopefully there isn't a storm memorial day weekend and you get blessed with mild weather :) By the way, again totally disgusted with the way people having been trashing the river, we seriously had to hunt for a spot without broken glass so Samson wouldn't get stabbed while walking around :nonono: :angry2:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I never noticed Samson has a big saddle on his bum! So fitting his namesake has one too! He takes beautiful photos, it sure looked lovely even in cold weather.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Fishing wasn't that great, I didn't fish because I forgot to get my license before we left home :( but between the 3 boys only Dave caught any and he only caught 2 trout.

It was cold because they got the same storm up there that we got here in so cal, my grandma said it was snowing during the day on Friday but it wasn't cold enough for it to stick around once it hit the ground. It was in the mid/lower 50's on Saturday, yesterday mid/lower 60's and then this week it was supposed to be warming up to the 70's. Hopefully there isn't a storm memorial day weekend and you get blessed with mild weather :) By the way, again totally disgusted with the way people having been trashing the river, we seriously had to hunt for a spot without broken glass so Samson wouldn't get stabbed while walking around :nonono: :angry2:

I know it is just getting so bad up there isnt it? SAD! At least it shouldnt have been crowded I hope anyhow? I know they stopped stocking the Kern with trout a few years ago cuz hubby gets frustrated when he goes. Says fishing is :poo: there now, at least on the river. Figure it trickles down so doesnt surprise me. Sad tho cuz they are going to lose their only decent business. All that will be left there are the "crowds" that are partying and destroying it all instead of real nature people who just want to catch some trout. Every year he says he isnt going down the hill the next trip but he still does in hopes of.... We will see if he gets a license this year or not. That view from your Grams house IS amazing tho! WOW!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
What great pictures! Looks like a day full of fun! :up:

My Mom used to take us to the Kern River for camping when we were kids. There used to be a rock called "alligator rock." Do you know that one?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
What great pictures! Looks like a day full of fun! :up:

My Mom used to take us to the Kern River for camping when we were kids. There used to be a rock called "alligator rock." Do you know that one?

I dont, but we dont usually camp there so much as drive down the hill for an afternoon of fishing. Funny, we actually camp in the sierras right above the Kern river and most dont even know it is up there. Ahhhh seclusion! Cant wait for camping season! I think @tessandsamson has camped down there much more often than us so maybe she does.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.