Going Mad on the Flying Fox

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
The big boy went completely nuts trying to get his teeth on the red seat of this flying fox today.

It isn't actually a good idea for him to jump so much (and he was breathing really hard and I had to start driving away before he would come!)

But I think he had a great time!!

attachment.php

Attachments

• SDC12190.jpg
    SDC12190.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 135
  • SDC12189.jpg
    SDC12189.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 131
  • SDC12188.jpg
    SDC12188.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 358
  • SDC12186.jpg
    SDC12186.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 122
  • SDC12185.jpg
    SDC12185.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 130
  • SDC12187.jpg
    SDC12187.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 133
Last edited by a moderator:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
...red seat....flying fox.....teeth.....without a picture, this thread would have been a bugger to figure out....

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
What's a Flying Fox, beside a specie of bat??? I see the red/yellow thing but I don't know what it is....:D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He sure had a great time..... bulldog obsession at it's best!

OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
You must not have flying foxes in the States? It is a cable with an attachment to roll down the cable on (for people) - an adventure activity. The string part at the bottom is for the flying fox to be hauled up to the top, and the red seat is to sit on as it glides down. Most are for kids but there are some big ones for adults. From a bulldogs perspective it is something as per pics which bounces around. I have seen equivalents expressly made for dogs (without the cable part) - but I don't think the jumping up and grabbing is recommended for most bulldogs; our boy was certainly completely obsessed with it though!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
You must not have flying foxes in the States? It is a cable with an attachment to roll down the cable on (for people) - an adventure activity. The string part at the bottom is for the flying fox to be hauled up to the top, and the red seat is to sit on as it glides down. Most are for kids but there are some big ones for adults. From a bulldogs perspective it is something as per pics which bounces around. I have seen equivalents expressly made for dogs (without the cable part) - but I don't think the jumping up and grabbing is recommended for most bulldogs; our boy was certainly completely obsessed with it though!

A video of you riding the flying fox would help us understand what it is and how it works. ;)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my i had no idea what one was either. its something you sit on and ride down a cable is that it? anyway he was having a ball thats awsome.

OP
H

hoegaandit

Jul 7, 2011
New Zealand
Here is a picture off the net showing a children's playground flying fox for those who don't know what it is. I think it may be called a zip line in the States.

Attachments

• flying fox.jpg
    flying fox.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 114

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.