Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Wanted to give an update on our progress:

Video.jpg
http://youtu.be/beDNukzoBNw
http://youtu.be/0FcQCXCRqkE
http://youtu.be/68C0lJBxXbs

These were from the Confirmation Class tonight. This is the first time that Matt has practiced handling him, the first time we went there for training, and his first time with a ramp. We still need to work on getting to stack him on the table (he does much better on the ground naturally) and having him handled by judges. But I think for his age, his experience, and our experience he is a total rock star!

We hope to enter him for a show at the end of next month but might try to sneak him into one before hand so he can get use to the atmosphere.

Last edited by a moderator:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Looked like he was having fun ..... I'm not sure shows would be my "cup of tea" but I know a few people who have done it with other breeds and they have always enjoyed it.

We went to see a show at the IX-Center in Cleveland and it was wonderful to see that many bullys in one place!! Bulldog heaven!!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
I really need to go to a show...I want to be in "Bulldog Heaven" too! Chuy looks great and I bet he's having fun.
Thanks for sharing - look forward to seeing him progress!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I really need to go to a show...I want to be in "Bulldog Heaven" too! Chuy looks great and I bet he's having fun.
Thanks for sharing - look forward to seeing him progress!

Can you imagine 52 totally gorgeous bulldogs in one place at the same time ....??

THAT is bulldog heaven!!! :yes:

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
Looking good!!! Especially for his age, Biggie was HORRIBLE at that age and got much worse with time until we started training daily.

If I can offer some tips.

1. When placing the front, lift from the elbows, not the leg.
2. When stacking, try having one hand hold the top of the collar while maintaining some tension on it and place your other hand under the belly. I think you will find the dog will remain more stable.
3.When walking, try walking faster to display the gait, but not too fast or you will lose it! Also, before beginning your walk, place the collar at the top of the neck for more body control.

You are doing a great job! Keep at it and you will be Perfect in no time! How old is your pup?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Chuy is definitely a total Rock Star. Matt, well, not so much.. ROFL :p

OP
wautersa

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Looking good!!! Especially for his age, Biggie was HORRIBLE at that age and got much worse with time until we started training daily.

If I can offer some tips.

1. When placing the front, lift from the elbows, not the leg.
2. When stacking, try having one hand hold the top of the collar while maintaining some tension on it and place your other hand under the belly. I think you will find the dog will remain more stable.
3.When walking, try walking faster to display the gait, but not too fast or you will lose it! Also, before beginning your walk, place the collar at the top of the neck for more body control.

You are doing a great job! Keep at it and you will be Perfect in no time! How old is your pup?

Thanks for the tips! We have no experience with this so anything is helpful! Chuy just turned 5 months old on Sunday. We do work on stacking him on his stand for a couple minutes every few days.
DSC_0066.jpg
Chelsea makes good distraction. I have just been working on correcting his default sit. Asking him to stand when he wants a treat. Which is fun because I will try to get Chelsea to sit and Chuy to stand, while they both want to make sure the other doesn't get a treat.

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
Wow! That is a great exercise! You will definitely be awesome in no time! Keep it up!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.