Can't Wait Till Spring!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That Tank is so kissable. [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]...Those gardens are gorgeous! I know it takes a lot of plant lovin to keep them lookin good. Congrats on the green thumb!

Thanks [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION]. Next to the Bullies, gardening takes me to my zen place. ha ha

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]....okay now I'm jealous! LOL What is the plant with the pink blossoms behind your gma in the pic?
[MENTION=3756]MamaAndi[/MENTION] - that's the DOG'S grandma (my mother). hahahahahaha That plant behind her is a whole pot planted with Calibrachoa hybrid in different colors. Try planting a hanging pot this summer with six different plants in all your fav colors and I mean pack it full! You'll get a BALL of fabulousness by July - like this picture shows. No dead heading needed either! Bonus.

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
That Tank is so kissable. [MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]...Those gardens are gorgeous! I know it takes a lot of plant lovin to keep them lookin good. Congrats on the green thumb!

[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]....okay now I'm jealous! LOL What is the plant with the pink blossoms behind your gma in the pic?

that's fuschia...stunning blooms!

and tank is heavenly!

[MENTION=4411]ollieivy[/MENTION] is right - there's also an orangey fuchsia hanging there in front of the Calibrachoa.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Looks like he's begging to go out, lol. Very cute picture!!! :up:

We had a beautiful day here, 65 I think but it was really nice. The kiddos were all outside quite a bit and Emma will follow Wilson's footsteps I'm happy to report, she loves being outside, loves sunning - I had to bring her in though ;), and loves the water. I have Spring fever but don't welcome the heat that will follow for a few months.

@Vicaroo1000, I love that picture of Mable and your grammy. :heart:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Our forecast is for upper 50's and low 60's I told Bruce this morning it makes me want to plant something. But we have a good two months before that will be possible around here. I did plant some pansies early last year and they did well, so as soon as the garden centers have them I'll likely have to get some.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]...you didn't give her a name so I just called her gma too! LOL That makes more sense though. As far as the hanging planter...I may have to try that because that is just beautiful! :)

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2614]Vicaroo1000[/MENTION]...you didn't give her a name so I just called her gma too! LOL That makes more sense though. As far as the hanging planter...I may have to try that because that is just beautiful! :)

Since I've already railroaded this thread...LOL....here's one more for you to try. Sorry it's sideways. The prodominant annual here is one of those "SuperTunia" varieties that just loves the HEAT. There's other stuff in there too of course but try planting one of those in a large pot. Let it dry out between waterings. They kick butt on your standard petunias. :-)

P7100032.jpg

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
That one is pretty awesome too! I am pretty good at killing flowers...I thrive with veggies though! lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.