OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
awww poor guys! lol
lol! my kids are hilarious! I enjoy them!

Good job!! there is NO WAY Vegas would do that, he acts like he hasn't ate in days with every feeding. He actually sits and cries at exactly 5:30 because he can tell time (he is special) to tell me it's time to eat!!!
That's how Aldo would act Kelly, the second he saw me open the refrigerator he would start yapping and crying like crazy! He really has come a long way. How can Vegas tell time? That's crazy! you got yourself a smart bulldog.. smart, stubborn, and cute... what a combo!!

Aww they are doing so good though!
They have come a long way. I still have a lot of things to work out with them. But this is one skill they have improved a lot on. Katara is way better than Aldo.. but he will catch up I think

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Any tricks on how long and method to achieve that? I'm expanding on my leave it and stay commands with Kain but he goes into high gear when I start to set the dish down. For now I'm reinforcing stay and trying for me giving a release better but not great yet.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Mine will do that too ... but I'm seriously impressed ... by that point there are some serious drool puddles .............. yuck!!

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Good job bullies. My girls are such chow hounds, they would never sit still with food on the ground. :ROFL:
oh david, these are chow hounds too!! they finish that plate of food in less than 10 seconds.. they are like a vacuum.. they just for some reason have learned the stay command :D as soon as I release them they fly through the kitchen floor, Aldo has even slipped cuz he tries to run to get to the plate faster.. not like it's THAT far right?

O WOW! I will be sending Cooper your way! They are just too cute!
Cooper can learn too.. I took Katara to basic training good manners class, we missed a few sessions d/t her getting sick and other things, but we still got some things out of it. Next saturday is Aldo's turn. :) I really recommend the classes for Coop and Gracie

Excellent job Aldo and Katara! Ruggles might be able to do that but no way would Mack! Cute picture!
Thank you! I never thought Aldo would stay for food. I am sure Mack could learn too.. they make us think they can't but they really are more patient than they let on.. I think bulldogs have an instinct for wanting to please their owners so that has helped Aldo.. Katara is easier to train, much more submissive

OP
acarabias

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Any tricks on how long and method to achieve that? I'm expanding on my leave it and stay commands with Kain but he goes into high gear when I start to set the dish down. For now I'm reinforcing stay and trying for me giving a release better but not great yet.
Reinforce stay and the release command (I use OK); once Kain has it down, move away from him about a step everyday and every time he moves sit him back down and say stay again. Pretty soon he will stay with you being far away. I have to repeat "stay" throughout the whole process with the hand signal as well so they know I am paying attention. They keep eye contact with me the whole time. I set the plate down and continue to command stay verbally and stay. Every day I add a few seconds to the wait before the release. Kain is younger than my guys and he is doing amazing with his training! Mine do ok with the stay but I have an awful time with leave it and come, so it just takes a lot of patience and practice.

Mine will do that too ... but I'm seriously impressed ... by that point there are some serious drool puddles .............. yuck!!
you know, my dogs haven't started drooling yet. If they did there would be a huge puddle too.

where do you take these classes?
I go with an obedience instructor and she is very good, her dogs compete in obedience AKC competitions and are extremely well behaved. I found her online google dog obedience training + your city and then read the reviews. Iknow a lot of members on here have taken their dogs to petsmart training and have liked it a lot.

Very impressive. No way Atlas could do that. He almost takes my hand off when I lower the food bowl.
Atlas could do it, it is a process, you got to train him so he knows the stay command, once he knows he can;t move, then even if there is food he won't move until you release him. They are smart like that :) My dogs have actually enjoyed training because of the extra treats they get!

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Sounds good tonight I was able to go back about 4 steps and behind the back of a couch and back. He kept eye contact the whole time also so maybe I'm closer then I think. I'm adding a 2 finger "focus" to my eyes when he focuses on the item on the floor during leave it, so far so good I think him looking at me instead of the treat on the floor has to be better.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION], OK we need a video of them racing to their bowls, :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
reall? she stayed that long! wow! I'm impressed. If I look away for just one second they will release themselves... Banks is super obedient!

Banks is awesome NOW.... she is a work in progress, been non-stop training for her 6 years of life. She was brutal up to the age of 3 which is when she really started to listen to us.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.