Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well, it is a long story. Very long. We have been looking for a boy for our home for a long time, and even planned on getting one later this year from another breeder. Rewind to last week when I met a breeder here in Tucson that I never even knew existed. I fell in love instantly with his boy Otis, who was so sweet and handsome! Best of all, you could tell he was so well taken care of. I wanted to take him home with me! Needless to say that wasn't going to happen. The breeder told me he had a litter of puppies, (but they were from another male of his). He showed me photos on his phone. He said he did have one puppy of Otis's, but only one. He had gotten him from his sister, who bred with Otis, and showed me his picture. I fell in love. I asked him to send me more photos of the little guy, and he did.

When I saw him on the computer I just sat and stared at his photo for at least a half hour. I was completely smitten. So I asked for a meeting.

But I already knew he was going to be in our family.

Now this all fell on the days that Remy was leaving to Kim's, and Chevelle, Jake and Butterbean were all adopted by new families. I was soooo depressed. Here I had this adorable little guy but I missed my own so much. He was very detached, and so was I, because my heart felt guilty. But as the days passed and I talked to all the adopting families, I was happy to say they were truly crazy about their new babies. It was time for me to be crazy about mine!

It took me 3 days to give him a name. I wanted something masculine, and different. But everytime I talked to him I called him Pookie. He was not like my pups, he was very nervous around us and it took 3 days for him to feel comfortable. So on day 3 he finally ran up to me and crawled in my lap, and I said, "You are finally home now Pookie!" Before if I put him in my lap, he just wanted down or out! I decided his name was already Pookie, so to make it more masculine (I cannot imagine calling him Pookie when he grows up! :p) we added the "Bear" to the end. He just reminds me of a fuzzy stuffed bear.

So anyway, through sadness, pain and sorrow, I have finally quit feeling guilty and welcomed this boy into my heart. It is hard to explain to you all how I was feeling. You must think I am crazy, but it is different, I love my pups very much and it hurts me every time they go. I worry. Very much. Now I would love to introduce you to Pookie. He reminds me of Chevelle, but with Jake's socks. And he looks so much like his daddy Otis, in shape and size. And I absolutely love his paws! The first photo is the photo they sent me, the one I stared at forever.....

DSCN7164.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

IMG_3017.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_3021.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3053-1.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

IMG_3059.jpg

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3061-1.jpg

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I'm in love with Pookie Bears little tooshie! I totally get why you fell for him. Congratulations!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: what is the sweetest? Pookie Bear or his mommys letter? Okay..okay..he is! But you are right there Lisa. He is awesome and if you didn't feel sad when your pups left...well..they wouldn't be as special as you've made them! :hug:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
He's just gorgeous Lisa!!! I know that feeling of guilt all too well, I was looking at Emma and another bully before Ace went to Rainbow Bridge. It's bittersweet no doubt. I cannot wait to see Pookie Bear grow!!!! :luv:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
YOu got a bargain... you got enough skin there for two puppies... I LOVE PUPPY WRINKLES!!!!! :heart: :love: :heart:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He is a very handsome boy, congrats.

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
Congratulations he is so handsome you can always send him to me if you want, cant wait to see him all grown up

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.