Train your Bully to Shake in 6 easy Months! LOL

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Yes, It took me about 6 months :cursing: but I finally got Jack to sit and shake...

Me : Hello Jack.... today, you will Shake my hand ... right..?
Jack: What's up stupid.... Not gonna happen but It'll be funny watching you try....
Jacksit1.jpg

Me: Now Jack, take my hand and Shake !" ; "Shake Jack!".... "Jack, shake my hand.. Shake Shake Shake.!!!"
Jack: Are you talking to me...? Without even a treat in your hands.... that's so lame... ¿Who taught you how to train me?
Jacksit 2.jpg

Me: Ok Jack.... Lets start over... take a deep breath... Jack... Hello Jack...... Jack are you paying attention.? Jack Jack JACK!!!

Jack : Hey , I think I heard someone open the fridge, can we go check it out.?
Jacksit  3.jpg

Me: Jack, I've given you an entire bag of baby carrots that was gonna be for my salad tonite. Please for the love of God Shake Shake Shake....!

Jack: I have pitty for you... Ok here's a bone...
Jacksit  4.jpg

111111111f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:ROFL: :laugh:........ THAT is funny right there, I don't care who ya are!!!!....:laugh:

edit: Don't worry.. HRH is 5 years old and still looks at me like Im stupid if I ask her to shake.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
LOL that is SO funny!!!

I love his expressions!

Delilah is a shaking and high-five fool. She does it constantly. If I ask her to do something else she tries to high-5. xD She knows how to do the whole "down low, up high, to the side, to the other side" thing :p

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=3139]Jack Daniels[/MENTION] I love Jack, he's got it going on

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
jamesons favorite thing is shake and high five...sometimes you get both paw high five when he knows you have treats....he doesn't do any thing else...but he can shake like a champ

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:laugh: that was great stuff.... Jack is a very smart and handsome boy

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
:ROFL: That is hilarious! At least he finally did it!! I still haven't taught Frank to shake or as I call it "Paw" and I have been trying for months. My hubby cracks up when he hears me from the other room. "Okay Frank, PAW......no, PAW........PAW.......PAW......no, SIT.....okay, good boy, you sat <give treat>....okay now, PAW......PAW.....PAW......NO, STOP, STOP (Frank leaping around barking hysterically for a treat)" over and over until I give up. Sigh.

Good boy Jack!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
awwww...cute little Jack has dad trained as a carrot dispenser....now that's smart!

wautersa

Aug 28, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelsea & Chuy
Awww so cute! I love his expressions. I feel much better about how training usually goes for me. Chelsea won't do down without luring her with a treat. They won't advance us until she "knows" how to do it. I tell them obviously she does and is smarter than the rest of the dogs that would do such tricks without seeing the treats.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online