Vegas was a total brat!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Last night was the first night we introduced Vegas to our new kitty. Oscar didn't want anything to do with Vegas and hissed at him But they did stay in the same room all evening. Vegas starts one by one pulling EVERYTHING out of his crate, blanket, pillow, stuffies, antlers all that he had and running like a wildman through the living room.

He acted out like a two year old for attention, well he is 2 so I guess he was acting his age. We just let him do it because we knew why he was doing it. Then at the end of the night was the "STAREDOWN" this morning they are still hanging out in the living room together Vegas is on the loveseat and Oscar is on the couch. Vegas is actually afraid of Oscar, when he gets close Oscar gives a good hiss and Vegas will run straight to me, :ROFL:

Brat-Cat001.jpg

Brat-Cat004.jpg

Brat-Cat014.jpg

This is Oscar thinking Wth????? This dog is insane running around with a blanket and tripping over it!!
Brat-Cat012.jpg

The Staredown, neither one would move and sat like this for over an hour!
staredown002.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL... that is good stuff. Vegas wants to play -- I still think he needs a bully buddy!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
As long as Oscar holds his ground, he'll rule the roost! Sushi (my fat Himalayan) will play with both dogs and knows how to end the game if it gets to rough for him.

<== Bea and Sushi playing in a horribly lit video

I love that Vegas runs away. This is a good thing.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], Vegas DOES NEED a bully buddy, now that Joe has his cat, I will be working EXTRA hard on making this happen!! Joe has told me no for over a year because of all that we deal with his allergies, I keep telling Joe how LUCKY we are that allergies is his ONLY problem, it could be much worse. Other than a couple ear infections and allergies Vegas is very healthy.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Personally, I think they are doing very well. Wilson and my cat Daisy are like this...showing a respectful distance. Just last night Wilson actually did a "play bow" to her for the first time. BabyGirl unfortunately has too strong a prey drive and chooses to straddle Daisy and squish her with her big belly like a wrestler. LOL! But she has never bitten and Daisy has never clawed either (Daisy is my cat that thinks she's a dog).

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], they will learn to love each other soon. Vegas is just upset right now cause hes like-Why is the cat still here??- But he will get use to it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama , Vegas DOES NEED a bully buddy, now that Joe has his cat, I will be working EXTRA hard on making this happen!! Joe has told me no for over a year because of all that we deal with his allergies, I keep telling Joe how LUCKY we are that allergies is his ONLY problem, it could be much worse. Other than a couple ear infections and allergies Vegas is very healthy.

OK... lets get the crew on Joe we can all 'talk' him into it

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]

Just show Joe some of my Vegas's videos. One of him having a grand mal. Let him know that it's not bulldog related, just k9 related. 12% of k9s, no matter what breed....can have epilepsy. Then let him know, again...how lucky you are that Vegas just has some allergy issues.

I had a cat that passed away in 2007. An orange tabby that I named "Buddy". He was declawed...but you'd never convince him that he was. He was supposed to be an indoor cat, but loved to be outside. I had got him I was 18. When I got married and moved into a rental house..the vet told me to keep him in the house for at least a week so he'd learn that this was his new home. Literally, after 24 hours......he was crying and meowing all day and all night to go outside. Finally after 3 days I let him out. He disappeared for a whole day, but came home that night. He loved to hunt and had no problem defending himself if need be. When we purchased our first home, the same thing. I tried to keep him inside, but after the first night......he was crying to get out. This time he was gone for over 24 hours. There was so much to explore. The neighborhood was only 1/3 built and we had an 18 hole golf course that needed exploring. He slept inside..under the covers with me, went out in the morning to explore and when he heard his daddy's truck at the end of the day, he would come running from where ever he spent the day and be waiting for him as soon as he stepped out of his truck. At the time, we had a dalmatian named Choctaw aka Choch. Buddy really thought they were the same species. Most of my photos are before digital days but I have them snuggling and buddy with his arm draped over a bone.
Anyways, I'm telling you all this because I've always wanted to get a cat for my Vegas. Vegas is such a snuggler...and Orion loves to pounce and play. Vegas doesn't mind cats...but Orion pays attention to them.
This cat may just be what Vegas needs. I really hope Vegas is not allergic to cats also! :eek:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
just be glad that they tolerate each other...my cat is like the wicked witch of the west....she is a terror...jameson is very good around her and she will sniff him...but once in a while he gets very excited and start barking at her and she hisses and takes off. titan on the other hand thinks that lanta is a play toy. he will do anything he can to corner her. and when he does watch out she goes all out postal....growling, hissing, claws....several times i've had to grab the cat in a towel to hide her and get her to my room so she can run under the bed. the funny thing is at night jameson is on my right by my head, titan on my right at my feet and the damn cat comes up and sleep by my head to the left once she knows the boys are asleep. it's like a damn zoo on my bed. thank god my boyfriend works overnights as a cop or i'd be sleeping in the tub

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
thanx for the pix, Kelly. The 'stare down' is so funny ..... it may take a while but I think they will get along fine... or at least learn to stay away from each other.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Awww the stair down, too funny.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Wow, Oscar is a beautiful cat!!! He almost looks like he has some Ragdoll in him. Those are my favorite cats.

I have three kitties in my house. Delilah tries to play with them..but they aren't too keen on it, lol. Gucci the kitten and then Bianca our older female will tolerate her and occasionally play friendly. Our middle man Clyde though..ohh boy he is scared of her and will not put up with being around her, lol! He smacks her. Then Delilah thinks that it's a game, though..and chases him throughout the house. Poor Clydie boy!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.