Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
this. I'm not sure if this is just head tremors or a small seizure? He was just fine afterwards and he slept like a champ last night. I'm thinking this was just a type of tremor. He's not done this before...so what do you think?

Video.jpg

Last edited:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Not sure what to make of it. Does he have any health issues that you know of? Is he on any medications that could have caused this as a side effect? Glad he was ok afterwards.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Cheryl..i definitely think this is a type of seizure. Not just the actual tremors, but the look in his eyes. My Sweet Vegas.:love: do you work today? I bet you didn't sleep as soundly as he did.

OP
Libra926

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Cheryl..i definitely think this is a type of seizure. Not just the actual tremors, but the look in his eyes. My Sweet Vegas.:love: do you work today? I bet you didn't sleep as soundly as he did.

I do. I'm actually on my way out right now. I wonder if this is like a petit-mal? We both slept great. His personality is right on, and I have another video that I took seconds after this one where is he sitting upright and looks fine. I think he looks dazed in the above video, but he was coherent.

[MENTION=4054]Bizzymammabee[/MENTION]

Vegas has epilepsy, but he usually has grand mal seizures. Maybe things are finally improving!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
@Libra926 , Mocha gets those once in a while. They are tremors. The first time it happend Scott and I where in a panic and I came to the site and saw that some other bullies here have had them. I did some research online and they are common on the breed. Mocha hasnt had one in about 2 months, but that is exactlly what she does. Her little head bobs up and down. It will stop if I offer her some milk or a treat. go online and check it out. When Mocha gets this she is concious and she is aware of it but she can stop it. It usually last just seconds.

Last edited:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
It does look like a small one, but that would be great if he is improving from his grand-mal seizures. And that is good that he slept well and has normal behavior!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hard to tell which one it is, but I have no experiance with this. Poor Vegas, so glad he slept well though.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
There's something slightly "off" that makes me think this WASN'T just a head tremor. It just doesn't look the same as Maggie. I'd lean towards it being a petit mal seizure.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] -- you can tell it is just a head temors if he is responsive to you calling his name. I'm not sure if that is true with his seizures... but we went to a neurologist with Nitschke when he first started with the temors and he told us this : "if he is aware and responds to his name, it is just a temor, give him any type of treat to distract the muscles (chewing) and it will stop." Sure enough, every time he or Banks had/have a temor -- name/treat == gone.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i am not sure which one this was but i so hope its seizures getting better. :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.