Look how clear his eyes look!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I switched Vegas from Benadryl to Zyrtec, it made a huge difference! He does not have to have one every day but it has made a difference in him. Unfortunatly because of Vegas and myself I watch the pollen count and it is suppose to be high the next few days, it was high today so I gave him one and snapped this picture a couple hours later. They do make him very tired but that is better than him itching and licking.

poolmess040.jpg

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], especially those teefers that just grew however they wanted too!! :ROFL:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Vegas looks great, so happy he is feeling better with the Zyrtec.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
He is adorable!!! Love his brindle marking, next bully I own (cuz I know I will eventually) I want brindle like Vegas.. My dogs have tear stains but don't seem to itch or lick at them at all.. is Zyrtec the only way you found to help Vegas.. I read somewhere that changing the water? My males are very pronounced and definitely need to look into helping him.. but so far doesn't seem to bother them ??

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is adorable!!! Love his brindle marking, next bully I own (cuz I know I will eventually) I want brindle like Vegas.. My dogs have tear stains but don't seem to itch or lick at them at all.. is Zyrtec the only way you found to help Vegas.. I read somewhere that changing the water? My males are very pronounced and definitely need to look into helping him.. but so far doesn't seem to bother them ??

Thank you, I do have to say he is a handsome boy and I am very proud of him. Vegas has many allergies, it is never ending!! We live in Florida where everything is dry and humid. He really does not have tear stains due to finding this site and finding the right food, he is on a grain/gluten free diet. Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon. He got allergy shots for over a year until our vet retired and now the new vet will not give them (it is bad for their liver and shortens their lifespan) within the month of Jan. (we hope) he is going to a doggie dermatologist to get a full allergy panal done so that he can get the right shots for what he is allergic to instead of the steroid shots he was getting. We just bought a house 7 weeks ago so we kind of put Vegas dr.'s appt. on the back burner. Now that the holidays are over we are all over it.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Sounds like Vegas' mommy is really taking the time to get him the best care/treatment possible! Lucky boy!! My dogs have been on raw since I got them, so not sure what's causing the tears.. it annoys me though :S I read somewhere that it's the water, so I'll try distilled and see how that goes.. I really don't think it's the meat since they don't have any other signs of allergies

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw kelly vegas looks wonderful. i tried zyrtec with sarah but its strange but if i give her to much it seems to get the opposite effect and she reacts to the antihistamine so i went back to benadyl. may try it again this summer. not to much trouble in the winter here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He looks AWESOME..... love him! oxoxoxoxox

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
I didnt know dogs could be allergic to pollen, Im glad your boy is doing better!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.