MY FIRST TIME HANDLING A DOG FOR SOMEONE ELSE. (2 videos)

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Montreal, Quebec (Canada)
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie Smalls, Jack, Chubby, Doris, Molly, Jackie, Cloé, Maya, Mathilda, Becky
I messed up my registration and I couldn't show my dog so I offered to show this one to help out. I lost but I thought I did a good enough job, so did the dog's owners.

Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm sorry to hear your boy didn't get to show. He'd have kicked butt! Practice is good anyway, right? I think you looked great out there.

Great vids. I especially like that my favorite cartoon character is singing on the first one. :D "Salty Balls" is one of my all time favorite tunes!

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Haha! Thanks! Actually thats not Isaac Hayes, thats Barry White. But they sure do sound alike.

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Looks like you did great! What does it take to be able to handle a bulldog at a show? just curious

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Good job, sorry you could not show your handsome boy.

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys! U just need to register your dog for the show to be able to show him there.

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
So sorry that Biggie didn't get to compete!! I'm sure when he does, he'll kick butt :)

looks like you did a fabulous job :) that bully you showed is super gorgeous too.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Thanks for sharing these clips. It's very interesting to me...i've never been to an actual live event or a dog show before. The bulldog you showed was very handsome. Looking forward to seeing Biggie next time!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh my... the guy you are showing was totally handsome

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh wow, I had no idea you were into showing. That's awesome! Sorry you weren't able to get your registration in. How'd you get started doing that? :)

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks guys! I actually was looking for a show prospect when I bought Biggie. As soon as he turned 6 months old I took him to his first show. We did an awful performance so we went to dog handling classes to improve. We've been to every show within a 3 hour drive radius after that. I actually do have some videos of Biggie in show.

Check it out;

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
@ biggiesmalls If you don't mind me asking a couple more questions..Bubba has papers but never registered him..do they need papers to show? How did you find out how to show a bulldog? positioning, what's expected, what's looked down upon, etc. It would be fun to try it, if I could get Bubba in the action! Looks like he needs some training though to stand, etc. Your boy is gorgeous, btw!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
[MENTION=3281]BiggieSmalls[/MENTION] If you don't mind me asking a couple more questions..Bubba has papers but never registered him..do they need papers to show? How did you find out how to show a bulldog? positioning, what's expected, what's looked down upon, etc. It would be fun to try it, if I could get Bubba in the action! Looks like he needs some training though to stand, etc. Your boy is gorgeous, btw!

OP
BiggieSmalls

BiggieSmalls

Sep 20, 2011
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! yes your dog has to be registered. As far as do's and don'ts Id say contact ur local bulldog breeder about some handling classes. There are many different views on the subject and I wouldnt be of much help. Competing is a lotta fun tho, i strongly suggest you follow through with it.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online