"Riddick" - America's 1st English Bulldog Trick Dog Champion!

TrickDogTrainer

Aug 23, 2011
Titusville, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Riddick
Riddy&Cart.jpg
I have to give a big shout out to my best boy Riddick for just passing his Champion Trick Dog Title! A short 10 months ago we adopted Riddick at the tender age of 8 months. We ended up being his 4th home in that short amount of time, so needless to say, he had no training. He also had some health issues that had gone untreated and some of his behaviors led me to believe that he was not treated with kindness in his prior homes. But he was a puppy full of energy and love, so we gave him an outlet to learn, bounce and gain trust with his new mom through trick training. Now, a short 10 months later, Riddick is less than 10 dogs across the entire country that holds the Champion Trick Dog Title. Riddick learned how to do well over 50 tricks to achieve this title. It seemed like the more I gave him to do the faster he excelled. He also watched his brother Seppala, my 5 yr old Siberian Husky, and learned from him too. (Seppala was the 1st dog in America to achieve the Champion Title!)
To other people, Riddick was just a thrown away dog before we met. My motto as a trainer has always been "Aknowledge Your Pet's Potential" and that's really all I did. It doesn't matter breed, background or behavior - all dogs can learn and all dogs are capable of amazing things if you just give them an outlet for it. I hope Riddick will inspire more people to adopt a homeless animal and get out there and do more with your dog. Congratulations Riddy!! I love you my squishy faced little man!

If you'd like to view some of Riddick's tricks, follow the links below or check out user (TrickDogTrainer) on YouTube for a whole bunch of tricks including Pushing His Shopping Cart, Skateboarding, Pickpocketing and more!

"Lend Me A Hand" (a special Halloween trick) = http://youtu.be/1ji8sVmn-UA

"Sit In The Box" = http://youtu.be/M_NkdHXJoxw

"Get My Keys" = http://youtu.be/lq2H02DDGx8

Video.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great job Riddick. Proud of you. Also a big thank you to [MENTION=3071]TrickDogTrainer[/MENTION] for giving this boy a second, or should I say a 5th chance at a good life. It's so wonderful when people will give a bullies a great home, and in this case teach him some great tricks.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wonderful videos! Riddick is going to inspire people to believe what we know: bulldogs are smart. They aren't just stubborn, sluggish little couch potatoes. :D

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
That's awesome! Congratulations!

I can't believe somebody clicked dislike on the hand... must be some scaredy-cat who can't stand a little halloween! :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=3071]TrickDogTrainer[/MENTION] nice job. Riddick you are really awesome :smoochwink:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.