Photo And Video Theme: Got a water lover

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Went to a small river which water comes from the Rockies mountain tops...cold..... and put Nyala in her 8ft leash and.... she went right in it. [emoji2] she was on the edge, I drop the leash thinking she will follow the bank. Crap she was going in deeper had to get in the water to grab her leash.

Extra line......... which vest do you guys have that you swear by? One of my biggest concern would be the clips. Want clips that "wont" undo/solid or I will be jumping in to save her for sure. Also one that expands. I doubt she will be more than 40-50lbs. She's 8 months been 37lbs for over 3 weeks. She's expanding on width not lbs which means she's gaining muscles not fat for now. :whew: :D

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1464561983558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1464561983558.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 184
  • uploadfromtaptalk1464562016888.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1464562016888.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 180

Frith

Mar 15, 2016
ME
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frith
I know what you mean--our creek crossing is shallow, but Frith wanted to explore the whole creek. I am as the other post suggested looking into a life jacket.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
LOL never had a water lover in a Bulldog so far , maybe cause most sink due to muscle mass . All my guys might just might lick the waters edge but thats it will not go near it . I have been waiting for Rosie to finish growing so I can but a life jacket for her as we know own a water front property , Pretty cool pics Helene

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I know what you mean--our creek crossing is shallow, but Frith wanted to explore the whole creek. I am as the other post suggested looking into a life jacket.

I am, no worries. Just wanted to know if she's going to like wYer or not. I was 99% sure but that is in the bath, pool, hair blow dryer, towel. Miss little diva likes being pampered. But a lake or river is so not the little pool at home. For sure she will need a life jack.

I will add an extra line asking which vest are best.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's a water bully!!!

Brian Karn

May 6, 2016
I picked up the Ruffwear Float Coat after reading several reviews. It was a bit more than the others available, but the construction is amazing, the buckles lock up tight, it does expand quite easily, fits my EB perfectly, allows great leg movement without rubbing him raw and floated him excellently!

Others have liked the Outward Hound jacket which also features the neck pillow that keeps the head out of the water which wasn't an issue with mine, but an added sense of security.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I picked up the Ruffwear Float Coat after reading several reviews. It was a bit more than the others available, but the construction is amazing, the buckles lock up tight, it does expand quite easily, fits my EB perfectly, allows great leg movement without rubbing him raw and floated him excellently!

Others have liked the Outward Hound jacket which also features the neck pillow that keeps the head out of the water which wasn't an issue with mine, but an added sense of security.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Going to check them out when I get back from road trip. Thanks

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.