Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
3593647-2T.jpg

My grandparents swear by bag balm "if a baby cow can suckle with it then..." so I used it on Loki's nose last night, I have some for my dry hands, 2 small applications later and his nose looks amazing! So much cheaper then snout soother and he doesn't try and lip or wipe it off. Not mention that we can use it too :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Re: bag balm

Thank you for the tip, I'd got some for abrasions on my leg.

Didn't think about using on Cami's crusty, dry nose >Duh<

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart

Coconut oil also works very well :) I add a little to their food too :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie

Good info, I had heard it works pretty well, but had forgotten about it. Thanks

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

I haven't use that on my dog, but Thanks for the tip!!! My boxer's poor nose gets so dry… :(

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom

Good tip, haven't heard of it, but will check it out. Where can you buy it? Bulldozer and Blossom haven't had a dry nose yet, but good to have things on hand. I try and keep a first aid, and in case kit handy for when things come up, and if we can use it on ourselves as well, why not? We share all of our people supplements and ointments and creams etc with our babies, so why not share something that they use? Lol. I'm so glad it's not actually bag balm. Lol. :yikes:

Cuddles116

Jan 15, 2013
Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brock & Brink

Love bag balm, got it as soon as we got Brock, though we now use coconut oil on his nose since it absorbs faster, less time for him to rub or lick it all off lol. But it still works well on his paws though it can be a little greasy if you put too much on or don't take the time to rub it in.

Good tip, haven't heard of it, but will check it out. Where can you buy it? Bulldozer and Blossom haven't had a dry nose yet, but good to have things on hand. I try and keep a first aid, and in case kit handy for when things come up, and if we can use it on ourselves as well, why not? We share all of our people supplements and ointments and creams etc with our babies, so why not share something that they use? Lol. I'm so glad it's not actually bag balm. Lol. :yikes:

You can pick up a tin of it at places like Walgreens, I still have the one I bought a year ago but I want to say it was maybe like $8.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

great stuff, but for some reason the odor gets to me... it is very faint, but bothers me.

IPickedADaisy

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Apr 11, 2013
CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy Mae Hambone & Roscoe Pee Hambone (RIP)

Thanks for the tip. Daisy's nose isn't an issue yet but her paws are really dry already & she's only 9 months old. I'll get some & try it on her pads for sure.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace

I have been using bag balm for a while on Ace. It also works well on small abrasions and red irritations on the belly and scrotum

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini

Vikinggirl-you can usually get Bag Balm at a feed store-all the feed stores I go to have it-perhaps yours do, also.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=9403]Lokismom[/MENTION] looks like this is a great product, I'll move it to the recommended section :up:

Now I just need to dig for a picture :D

Members online

No members online now.