Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
is.aspx.jpg

This tip has been brought to us by Skip from Southern California Bulldog Rescue:

A hint from those of us that do rescue - We want of offer some helpful information here. For those that don't know this product let it be your 'friend' at home too. Chlorhexidine is inexpensive ( about triple the cost of standard bleach). It kills all sorts of bacteria, fungus and yeasts. BUT unlike bleach - it can be used directly on the skin of your pet to clean sores, rashes, between the toes for cysts, pesky skin folds, clean tail pockets and more.

BEWARE can not use in the ear, eye or mouth. It's used in many hospitals and vet offices by the 'gallon'. An ounce mixed with 1/2 gallon of water is an effective ratio mix and can be kept for a few days to a week - while still effective.

A little poured on your standard baby wipes makes your baby wipe a disinfectant wipe in a matter or seconds.

Read about it and consider it as a tool to help with the care your bulldog at home too.

http://www.chlorhexidinefacts.com/

This can be gotten for less than $15 a gallon - though shipping is expensive because of the weight, but a gallon will last a long time. Amazon.com is a good place to find it by the gallon.

You may know this product already and not know it - it's a popular ingredient in many medicated shampoos too.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Good to know!!!! Those pads can get expensive!!!!! :up:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My vet agrees with this. In fact, Blue has a terrible yeast infection right now and we're bathing with him a Chlorhexidine Shampoo that she gave us.
This is much cheaper. Great post.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Great info, thanks Lisa for sharing.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
View attachment 43101

This tip has been brought to us by Skip from Southern California Bulldog Rescue:

A hint from those of us that do rescue - We want of offer some helpful information here. For those that don't know this product let it be your 'friend' at home too. Chlorhexidine is inexpensive ( about triple the cost of standard bleach). It kills all sorts of bacteria, fungus and yeasts. BUT unlike bleach - it can be used directly on the skin of your pet to clean sores, rashes, between the toes for cysts, pesky skin folds, clean tail pockets and more.

BEWARE can not use in the ear, eye or mouth. It's used in many hospitals and vet offices by the 'gallon'. An ounce mixed with 1/2 gallon of water is an effective ratio mix and can be kept for a few days to a week - while still effective.

A little poured on your standard baby wipes makes your baby wipe a disinfectant wipe in a matter or seconds.

Read about it and consider it as a tool to help with the care your bulldog at home too.

http://www.chlorhexidinefacts.com/

This can be gotten for less than $15 a gallon - though shipping is expensive because of the weight, but a gallon will last a long time. Amazon.com is a good place to find it by the gallon.

You may know this product already and not know it - it's a popular ingredient in many medicated shampoos too.

Good to know, just ordered duoxo pads 2x30ct but was told they could be cut into smaller pieces, I'll see when I get them, also snout soother, and a safety restraint for my vehicle….. If I would have known this yesterday, i would have ordered the liquid over the pads, but Gr8 info anyway… Thank you for the research and tip…

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Wow that is a great tip. Love the idea of using it to wipe her tail pocket out. Thanks!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Another thing to add to the the Stigs&Punks First aid kit ... or 2 big cupboards, rather. :eek:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
A gallon is 12.99 and shipping is an additional 6.99
19.98 for the gallon and 1 oz. makes a half gallon of solution

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
yep I use the spray and shampoo to keep hotspots away! Works great!

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
A gallon is 12.99 and shipping is an additional 6.99
19.98 for the gallon and 1 oz. makes a half gallon of solution

I ordered two gallons and shipping was still only 6.99 :up:

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace

Good deal. And with the amount of concentration this should last a very long time. When you consider how much prepared products cost this is a big no a huge savings. My question is what is the shelf life with this product? Does it state it on the jug or do you have any ideas?

- - - Updated - - -

Good deal. And with the amount of concentration this should last a very long time. When you consider how much prepared products cost this is a big no a huge savings. My question is what is the shelf life with this product? Does it state it on the jug or do you have any ideas?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine its pretty long. Since its safe on the skin-- including humans and kills harmful things I'm going to use it for mopping. My house is about 80 % wood floors. I also think it would be great to try on the patios :up: my back patio is flagstone and lets just say my boys think its their peeing playground. Better outside than inside though!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Members online

No members online now.