Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh wanted to add I usually use white vinegar to do my floors and patio. I thought this would be a better choice. More expensive of course but hopefully smells a bit better lol

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...lisa you mentioned using it on a wipe for cleaning. Is it safe to wipe her girlie bits? Normally after she potties I will clean her tail and a lot of times I wipe her girlie bits because the vet said it's easy for them to get vulvitis since 1) they can't really groom themselves and 2) they seem to put their girlie bits on the ground when they pee (Raven is very guilty of lazy peeing). I noticed on the site I normally order stuff from they have the gallon for $11.95 and if you buy over $60 shipping is free.

Hey I also noticed that they carry a Chlorhexidine Ointment for $5.99.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]...lisa you mentioned using it on a wipe for cleaning. Is it safe to wipe her girlie bits? Normally after she potties I will clean her tail and a lot of times I wipe her girlie bits because the vet said it's easy for them to get vulvitis since 1) they can't really groom themselves and 2) they seem to put their girlie bits on the ground when they pee (Raven is very guilty of lazy peeing). I noticed on the site I normally order stuff from they have the gallon for $11.95 and if you buy over $60 shipping is free.

Hey I also noticed that they carry a Chlorhexidine Ointment for $5.99.

Yes it's okay to clean the skin outside (folds of vulva) but NOT the inside at all- no membranes. I just got mine so I'll be doing a batch of unscented baby wipes ( I like huggies ) with 25/75 ratio with water on those. You could probably go a little less than 25%.

Do NOT get in the eyes. It also says not to use in the ears. But I will likely be using most of mine to clean floors with, I like the idea of using a safe product for the skin on my floors while killing the bad germs and fungus.

KT221

Oct 30, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Muffin (nickname: "pig", "my baked good")
Does anyone use this in the laundry? I wonder if it's a good thing to use on bully's bedding?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does anyone use this in the laundry? I wonder if it's a good thing to use on bully's bedding?

I have been meaning to find this out myself! Wouldn't it be great to use as an alternative to soap and bleach?!

It's working nicely on my floors so far!

I use 1/10 ratio with water. Smells good and clean too.

prjimenez

Aug 21, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chato
Good to know!!!! Those pads can get expensive!!!!! :up:

They sure can. I use 3 or 4 wipes at a time cleaning my Chato. I've been looking for just the solution to use with my own pads. Thank you.

rattyfatty87

Feb 2, 2014
HUffman, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ratliff
ratty has been on this shampoo since we adopted him. we were giving twice a week baths until the yeast was under control (and during summer months in houston, this is a must) but for the most part, a weekly bath with a thorough rinsing after. This is a great shampoo for him and a gallon of it lasts up several months. the down side is that it can be a little drying on your bully's skin. ive been researching a conditioner to use, but it has been tough due to his allergies.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Yesterday I received a gallon of this product and I have a question for those who have been using it on your dogs. My question is on the dilution. The product states its 2% and to dilute 2 tbs per gallon of water. But that seems to be quite diluted a mixture. If the product is 2% why not use it without diluting? It doesn't seem after dilution it would be anywhere close to the 2%. Hibiclens which is a product designed for human use is at 4% solution and its to be used without diluting, so it seems to me one could use the 2% solution right out of the gallon jug without dilution and without it being too strong. What say you?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
You can use it undiluted. I have done it many times but don't recommend it for long periods. I usually mix 1 part solution to 3 parts water and that has been working really well for us. Also, try to remember to store the undiluted solution in a cool and dark place as sitting in the light for a long period tends to weaken it and cause it to evaporate faster.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
You can use it undiluted. I have done it many times but don't recommend it for long periods. I usually mix 1 part solution to 3 parts water and that has been working really well for us. Also, try to remember to store the undiluted solution in a cool and dark place as sitting in the light for a long period tends to weaken it and cause it to evaporate faster.

Thanks, that makes sense to me and 3 to 1 seems more like it as well.

afhall14

Sep 9, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess
Are you pouring diluted solution on a cloth and then wiping folds and tear stains? Or should I stick to the wipes for that? This is a much cheaper option for sure!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Are you pouring diluted solution on a cloth and then wiping folds and tear stains? Or should I stick to the wipes for that? This is a much cheaper option for sure!

Yes... Pour on cotton pad

Most Reactions