Slicker Brush

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
or fine wire brush... a must have for treating Demodex (mange) or other skin irritations.

045663113513FC.jpg

http://www.petco.com/product/14246/...imate Touch Gentle Slicker Wire Brushes-14246

A slicker brush is a pet grooming tool which is designed to help remove mats while also pulling out dead hair and gently stimulating the skin, removing layers of dead skin cells, oil distrubution and promoting healthy circulation. Many people like to use a slicker brush at the end of a grooming session because it adds a distinct shine to the animal's coat, and some animals enjoy the gentle scratching sensation. Most pet supply stores sell slicker brushes in a variety of configurations to meet various needs, ranging from bigger brushes for dogs to smaller, softer brushes for cats and bunnies.
The tines of a slicker brush are typically made from very thin metal wire, and they are mounted on a soft foam or rubber mat, causing the brush to resemble a wire hairbrush. Many slicker brushes are square or rectangular; it is also possible to find circular and oval brushes. The soft mat of the brush ensures that the individual tines have some give, so that they will not hurt the animal as the brush is used.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
My wife bought one of these for the maltese at least it looks like that but she usually just uses a comb, I think. On Ace I use the zoom groom the majority of the time followed by the love glove sometimes. And recently got a furminator that I use occassionaly

OP
Twice

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
My wife bought one of these for the maltese at least it looks like that but she usually just uses a comb, I think. On Ace I use the zoom groom the majority of the time followed by the love glove sometimes. And recently got a furminator that I use occassionaly

The Zoom Groom is great for general grooming and hair removal. I posted the slicker brush as more of a healing tool. Yes, it will remove hair but the fine wire bristles will massage the skin improving blood flow, it helps distribute the oils back into the skin and removes dead skin cells much better than a ZG. It was suggested to me by the holistic vet we were seeing when my Abby had mange and couldn't take the meds. The thing worked miracles on her irritated skin!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent tool I can see the notable difference in its "job", I'm going to get one. :up:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.