Duoxo Chlorhexidine PS Shampoo

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i use this as Sarah's shampoo now and i really like it. It really takes care of her itching and the black on her back and yeast problems. I also use it to soak her feet in. She does not itch her back and feet anymore like she used to since using it.

duoxo ps shampoo.jpg

Chlorhexidine has a strong bactericidal and bacteriostatic activity on the Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria. Climbazole is an imidazole compound active on most pathogenic fungi and yeasts (Malassezia pachydermatis). Phytosphingosine – salicyloyl is a modified pro-ceramide which possesses anti-inflammatory and anti-seborrheic properties. It helps control the cutaneous disorders associated with pyoderma. Both the antibacterial and antifungal activities of the lipo-amino-acid complement those of chlorhexidine. The Lipacid also acts as a moisturizing and restructuring agent by allowing a lipo-protidic film to deposit on the skin.
This long-lasting film resists rinsing, and thus protects the skin from ir
Lathering solution formulated with gentle hypoallergenic cleansing bases – pH = 7 Phytosphingosine – salicyloyl (0.05%) – Climbazole 0.5% - Lipacide® C8G (2.5%) - Chlorhexidine (3%)
ritations and loss of moisture. The formula of DOUXO® Chlorhexidine is suitable for frequent use.

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Thanks for the great info.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My vet gave me this stuff for Louie for his staph infection and I LOVE IT! Where's has this stuff been all my bullies life? It's cleans the fur so thoroughly and yes I've used it on my Mr. Wilson. Nothing else compares to it.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bea's girlie parts and tail pocket get the full on treatment with each tub time. This stuff is GOLD.

I follow the directions; starting with those areas, I let it sit on her girlie parts and in the tail pocket while I shampoo the rest of her with their normal flea shampoo. The combination of the Duoxo wipes and these baths are resolved Bea's raging tail pocket issue. You could drive a Hummvee in there. Deep. This works! The biggest challenge is "wicking" out the water from the lots and lots of rinsing.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
thanks for the info. I might just have to order some along with the pads for my bullies

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I was just looking at this online earlier and thinking of trying it though I have 2 bottles of Malaseb, ugh!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=4447]bulliemommi[/MENTION] - I have some Malaseb around too but I use that for other things. The shampoo is really worth having for yeasty things.....

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Bea's girlie parts and tail pocket get the full on treatment with each tub time. This stuff is GOLD.

I follow the directions; starting with those areas, I let it sit on her girlie parts and in the tail pocket while I shampoo the rest of her with their normal flea shampoo. The combination of the Duoxo wipes and these baths are resolved Bea's raging tail pocket issue. You could drive a Hummvee in there. Deep. This works! The biggest challenge is "wicking" out the water from the lots and lots of rinsing.
yea ive gotten to where i do the same thing. i initially started out bathing her fully in it but now just use it on the yeasty parts and my other wonderful shampoo i just discovered on the rest of her. i love this stuff :2thumbs:

frankthetank

Jul 4, 2013
Panama City, Panama
Country
Panama
Bulldog(s) Names
Angus (2002-2013), Frank 2 years old
yea ive gotten to where i do the same thing. i initially started out bathing her fully in it but now just use it on the yeasty parts and my other wonderful shampoo i just discovered on the rest of her. i love this stuff :2thumbs:

Hi there [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]! which is that wonderful shampoo that you just discovered? My Frank is in need of a bath, can you recomend one for my puppy? Since they all have skin problems i would rather start with precaution

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Hi there [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]! which is that wonderful shampoo that you just discovered? My Frank is in need of a bath, can you recomend one for my puppy? Since they all have skin problems i would rather start with precaution

The shampoo I use is a bit further down in this section called kenic neem oil/oatmeal shampoo

Members online

No members online now.