Witch Hazel pads

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
witchhazelpads.jpg

I love these things!!

I use them to clean wrinkles, tail pockets and ears. Witch hazel is a natural astringent so no need to worry about drying after cleaning!! :2thumbs:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I'm gonna have to look for some of those. Right now I just put some on a cotton ball but pads are so much better.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'll have to look for those too, seems a lot easier than the way I'm doing it.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
These are really convenient. I just got some not too long ago and really like the convenience. Will be great for road trips too.

BindieBoo

Jan 16, 2013
Castaic, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bindie
We have only tried the medicated pads for Bindies wrinkles and pockets, and I am curious to try these instead...

just a couple questions:

Do they have a stingy feeling?

Do they have a scent? Bindie is fine getting her wrinkles cleaned with an UNSCENTED wipe, but once she smells the pads it's over!! She wants nothing to do with it and will fight you the whole time (making it difficult to not smear it all over her thrashing face)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Thanks for sharing! I'm always SO embarrassed when I have to buy the Tucks Medicated Pads to clean Diesel's tail pocket since they are for hemorrhoids :lol: stupid I know but I always find myself explaining that they are for cleaning my dogs tail pocket and people look at me so strange! :blush: I am definitely going to try the witch hazel pads!!!!

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I get mine from Walmart!! :up:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
We have only tried the medicated pads for Bindies wrinkles and pockets, and I am curious to try these instead...

just a couple questions:

Do they have a stingy feeling?

Do they have a scent? Bindie is fine getting her wrinkles cleaned with an UNSCENTED wipe, but once she smells the pads it's over!! She wants nothing to do with it and will fight you the whole time (making it difficult to not smear it all over her thrashing face)

They smell if witch hazel, to me it's not too strong at all. I kinda like the smell because it's not too overpowering :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I usually buy a bottle of witch hazel (99 cents) and a bag of cosmetic rounds ($3). I also have a small jar that used to have hair gel in it that I use to store them. Works out way cheaper that way. The cosmetic rounds are next to the cotton balls and are not expensive at all if you want to just save yourself some money all together.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have the bottle of witch hazel too that I keep in the kitchen and upstairs. That's what I mainly use but these are pretty dang convenient. :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I usually buy a bottle of witch hazel (99 cents) and a bag of cosmetic rounds ($3). I also have a small jar that used to have hair gel in it that I use to store them. Works out way cheaper that way. The cosmetic rounds are next to the cotton balls and are not expensive at all if you want to just save yourself some money all together.

Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I just did this the other day. I remember this post you made and the :idea: went off. Thanks!!!

Members online