K9 Advantix II Flea & Tick Control

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
ad.jpg

What is K9 Advantix II?

K9 Advantix II is a monthly preventative for dogs that offers comprehensive protection against ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies and chewing lice. K9 Advantix II is a top veterinarian-recommended brand because it repels and kills all life stages of fleas (eggs, pupae, larvae, and adult fleas) and ticks (Deer ticks, American dog ticks, Brown dog ticks, and Lone Star ticks). K9 Advantix II kills 98-100 percent of fleas within 12 hours and continues working for one month to prevent infestations.

For: Dogs and Puppies (only over 7 weeks of age or older)

Benefits:
• Repels and kills fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes
• Kills 98-100 percent of adult fleas within 12 hours
• Ends flea life cycle by prevents flea offspring (eggs, pupae, and larvae) from maturing into adult fleas
• Repels biting flies and kills chewing lice
• Provides one month of protection against ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies
• Repels disease-carrying mosquitoes before they bite
• Waterproof - continues working even after your dog becomes wet

How it works:
K9 Advantix II combines imidacloprid and permethrin to repel and kill fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes. Both ingredients work on contact, attacking parasite nerve cells at different sites. Together these ingredients overwhelm the nervous system killing the parasite. Pyriproxyfen is an insect growth regulator. K9 Advantix II topical solution also repels biting flies and kills lice.

Cautions:
DO NOT USE ON CATS. Cats cannot metabolize the ingredients used in this product. Cats must be separated from dogs during treatment. Do not allow your cat to come in contact with a treated dog for 24 hours. Some small and medium dogs may have an adverse skin reaction. See our K9 Advantix II Adverse Reactions page for symptoms and treatment of adverse skin reactions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Information:
Brand Name
K9 Advantix II (Bayer)

Active Ingredient(s): Imidacloprid (8.8%), Permethrin (44.0%), Pyripoxyfen (0.44%), Other ingredients (46.76%)

What is this product used for: K9 Advantix II is for use on dogs and puppies 7 weeks of age and older only. It is used for the topical prevention and treatment of ticks, fleas, mosquitoes, biting flies, and chewing lice on dogs. Repels and kills ticks including deer ticks (the major carrier of Lyme disease), American dog ticks, Brown dog ticks and lone star ticks. K9 Advantix II repels and kills all life stages of fleas, repels and kills mosquitoes, kills chewing lice, and repels biting flies.

Availability: K9 Advantix II is a non-prescription (OTC) product available as 0.014 fl oz (0.4 ml) applicators for dogs 1-10 lbs (Green), 0.034 fl oz (1.0 ml) applicators for dogs 11-20 lbs (Teal), 0.084 fl oz (2.5 ml) applicators for dogs 21-55 lbs (Red), and 0.135 fl oz (4.0 ml) applicators for dogs over 55 lbs (Blue).

How this product should be used: For use only on dogs. Do not use on cats or on other animals. Have the dog standing for easy application. Part the hair on the dog's back, between the shoulder blades, until the skin is visible. For dogs up to 20 lbs, apply the entire contents of the applicator tube to 2 or 3 spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. For dogs 21 lbs and over, apply the entire contents of the applicator tube to 4 or 6 spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. If the household has cats or other animals, separate from the treated dog for about 1 hour until the product is thoroughly dry.

What are the side effects: A sensation of burning, tingling, itching or numbness of the skin may occur after topical application. This sensation usually begins 1-2 hours after application and should usually go away on its own within 1-3 days. Shampooing the skin gently, but well with a shampoo such as Tea Tree Oil Shampoo and rinsing very well should help the pet feel better, sooner. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur after using any pesticide product for pets. If signs persist, or become more severe, consult a veterinarian immediately.

What special precautions are there: This product is for external use only on dogs and puppies 7 weeks or older. Consult a veterinarian before using on medicated animals and debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing animals. Do not get this product in dog's eyes or mouth. Do not use this product on animals other than dogs. In households with cats, separate the treated dog for about 1 hour until the product is thoroughly dry. Due to their unique physiology and inability to metabolize certain compounds, this product must not be used on cats. If applied to a cat, or ingested by a cat which actively grooms a recently treated dog, this product may have serious harmful effects. If this occurs, contact your veterinarian immediately. It is important to apply this product no more than once a month and to use the correct strength for the weight of the dog. This product is harmful to humans if swallowed. Call a physician or poison control center for advice. Have patient sip water. Do not induce vomiting unless advised to and the patient is conscious. This product can cause eye irritation. Flush eyes with plenty of water. Call a physician if irritation persists. Avoid contact with skin, eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling.

In the event of overdose: Contact your veterinarian or veterinary emergency room.

How should I store this product: Store this product in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate. Store in the original container only. Do not reuse original container. If the container is empty place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If the container is partially filled, call for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Got rid of the fleas with no problem and kept them off, too! But left a bald spot on my bully. The vet said it was very common with this brand.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
I used this stuff for many years with no problems but a family member used it on their boston terrier and she lost her fur and had red skin at the application site. I am trying a natural route now...but I found 1 flea the other day. Yikes....if I find more I guess I'll have to apply advantix again. When I did use this I only used it during the summer and not every month.

Mpillers

Feb 13, 2018
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Last year I used a Seresto collar with good success. This year I used K-9 Advantix April and May and had no affect on fleas at all. I'm fighting a battle here and

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last year I used a Seresto collar with good success. This year I used K-9 Advantix April and May and had no affect on fleas at all. I'm fighting a battle here and

There are essential oil options to use . [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]. Can give you.

Otherwise... I have used be VecTra 3D and Parastar with great results and no negative reactions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpillers

Feb 13, 2018
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
There are essential oil options to use . [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION]. Can give you.

Otherwise... I have used be VecTra 3D and Parastar with great results and no negative reactions .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Otis had been chugging along with(knock on wood) few problems lately so don't want to upset the apple cart. I would love to try natural oils but at this point just want be rid of the fleas the best way that is not harmful to him.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

My go to is

FOR TICKS/fleas/mosquitoes

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

Yesterday had like an invasion of mosquitoes. Been raining for a week... had to spray the pups. Absolutely nothing went on them. Love my mix.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.