Duoxo Pads

Littleeagle

Jul 28, 2011
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
I bought a big bottle of the Chlorhexidine 2% on Amazon for, I think, $13 and the cotton pads at Walgreens. I made up a gallon jug (only need 1 ounce per gallon) and it lasts a very, very, very long time.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I bought a big bottle of the Chlorhexidine 2% on Amazon for, I think, $13 and the cotton pads at Walgreens. I made up a gallon jug (only need 1 ounce per gallon) and it lasts a very, very, very long time.

Does this work to clean tear stains? How often do you use it? I have found that most liquids I have tried don't seem to do much. I use a cotton ball, and it always stays white. Am I doing something wrong?

Littleeagle

Jul 28, 2011
TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Baxter
Well, shame on me, I'm not very consistent so I will let someone else answer on this. But my pads do not come away white!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Does this work to clean tear stains? How often do you use it? I have found that most liquids I have tried don't seem to do much. I use a cotton ball, and it always stays white. Am I doing something wrong?
It can but you would be better off trying to identify the root cause of the tear stains.

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
You can also buy the chlorhexidine solution on Amazon.

This one is 4% vs 3% for the duoxo pads. Fill a jar with regular flat cotton pads or exfoliating cotton pads and add the solution. Works the same! I think every dog owner should have these pads or something like it!

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
It can but you would be better off trying to identify the root cause of the tear stains.

Agreed. Although can be realllllllllly hard figuring it out what causes the tearing. For my bully, it wasn't even food, it was him chewing on some weird wood he found! But in the meantime Eye Envy actually works in clearing them up temporarily.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Agreed. Although can be realllllllllly hard figuring it out what causes the tearing. For my bully, it wasn't even food, it was him chewing on some weird wood he found! But in the meantime Eye Envy actually works in clearing them up temporarily.
Yep. All to familiar with that. Took almost a year to find out many of the foods and proteins mine is allergic to.

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie

We used them along with switching to filtered water for Opie and his tear stains have vanished. We only use them twice a week. Our wipes usually come back clean when cleaning his wrinkles. But his ears and tail pocket always come back nice and dirty.

shade

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Boyd
Will these work with demodex mange???? Or cause further irritation?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Will these work with demodex mange???? Or cause further irritation?

I don't think so... these are for yeast or basic cleaning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

megskee

Jun 26, 2017
Delran, NJ
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka Fran aka Mama Beans
I was given these by my vet for my Franny's vulva. She had some irritation and i used them nightly. Everything looks so much better, and I didn't know they could be used on other areas OR purchased online! Thanks everyone!

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.