Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 16

Thread: Snout Soother

  1. #1
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Thumbs up Snout Soother

    This is a wonderful product if your dog suffers from a cracked/dry nose. I use it quite often on Wilson and really used it on my elder dog Ace as he had a bad dry nose due to age. It really helped keep it moist and prevented flaking.
    -img_2029-jpg
    A dog's nose is highly sensitive and can become very painful when their tissues are dry, chapped or cracked.
    No pet owner wants to see his or her pet in pain or discomfort and Natural Dog Snout Soother can come to their rescue. Our nose balm for dogs is the perfect blend of 100% all natural nourishing, healing and moisturizing ingredients. Our soothing balm can be applied to a dog's nose as a preventative measure for dryness or cracking or it can be used to treat painful cracking and dryness that has already occurred.

    Snout Soother is to dogs what Chapstick is to people. If you ask just about any American family what they use for chapped lips, they will show you their Chapstick. Now dog owners have their own product they can apply to their furry member's nose!

    Be wary of other products that contain fragrance - natural or not. We made the decision to NOT include scent in our formula. Humans loves fragrance but dogs do not! Their extreme olfactory senses would smell garbage or other unmentionables. So, if you want a product that your dog won't turn his nose up literally, try Snout Soother. Your dog will thank you!



    USES


    Snout Soother can be useful for the following conditions:


    • Dry or Chapped Dog Nose
    • Cracked, Crusty Dog Nose
    • Hyperkeratosis
    • Instant Pain Relief
    • Windburn Prevention
    • Natural Sunscreen
    • Extreme Weather
    • Rashes and Skin irritations
    • Puppy Acne
    • Discoid Lupus
    • Brachycephalic Breeds
    • Potassium Bromide Nose
    • Show Winning Noses!


    APPLICATION

    For acute cases and best results, apply Snout Soother as often as possible (2-3 times per day at least).


    For maintenance issues, number of applications can vary. Typically, one application every few days is adequate for most cases.


    100% NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Unrefined Shea Nut Butter, Organic Hempseed Oil, Kukui Nut Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil,
    Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Natural Vitamin E.
    Last edited by bullmama; 04-28-2014 at 10:24 PM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  2. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
  3. #2
    Bulldog Walker malaviKat's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    250
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Hi @JeannieCO

    I keep reading differing accounts re: dogs and shea butter toxicity. I've just started making my own (human) body butters and I have a TON of products (raw, natural butters and oils) that need to be used up. Since they work so well for people, I figured I'd blend for Chance's nose and paws but I wasn't sure. I assume you've had no issues with the shea butter in this? I've used pure olive oil and coconut oil on Chance and that has gone over well.

  4. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
  5. #3
    Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    417
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default

    Does anyone have any ideas for a dry cracked lower lip? He just licks everything off!

  6. Likes MissWaddles13 liked this post
  7. #4
    Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Tooleysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Winnipeg Canada
    Posts
    625
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    I am really interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this as it is very cold here and Miss Tallulah could soon need something now that she is spending her first full winter with me. Also if anyone has any suggestions for dry rough paws? The ice and snow are so hard on her feet. I wipe her paws with a damp cloth and dry them after being outside and her paws seem so hard and dry ( not cracked or tender yet but I worry I am not doing more to help) but don't want to use anything without some advice about what works for them from other Bully mums and dads.

    “Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz



  8. #5
    Bulldog Walker malaviKat's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    250
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    I have been using Vaseline on Chance. It works but for various reasons I'd like to move away from that. I have also used olive oil and coconut oil on both his paws and his nose and they have worked well. He is usually happy to lick it off but it soaks in nicely. The only thing is, both (in the oil state) are kind of runny.

    I read that it isn't good to make dog paw pads baby bottom soft because that makes them more susceptible to irritation while walking. Thoughts?

  9. #6
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Quote Originally Posted by malaviKat View Post
    Hi @JeannieCO

    I keep reading differing accounts re: dogs and shea butter toxicity. I've just started making my own (human) body butters and I have a TON of products (raw, natural butters and oils) that need to be used up. Since they work so well for people, I figured I'd blend for Chance's nose and paws but I wasn't sure. I assume you've had no issues with the shea butter in this? I've used pure olive oil and coconut oil on Chance and that has gone over well.
    I've never had any issues with Wilson's nose nor Ace's (when he was living). As with any human product as I'm sure you know, make sure it's safe for the dogs too.

    @TonkaTruck28, I just use vaseline on Emma's lower lip. She gets a split right in the middle. She licks it off too but it helps. Get Tonka when he's sleeping too.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  10. #7
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Quote Originally Posted by Tooleysmom View Post
    I am really interested in hearing what everyone has to say about this as it is very cold here and Miss Tallulah could soon need something now that she is spending her first full winter with me. Also if anyone has any suggestions for dry rough paws? The ice and snow are so hard on her feet. I wipe her paws with a damp cloth and dry them after being outside and her paws seem so hard and dry ( not cracked or tender yet but I worry I am not doing more to help) but don't want to use anything without some advice about what works for them from other Bully mums and dads.

    Maybe every couple of days when she is sleeping put a tiny little dab of Aquaphor on them to just soften them a little bit.

  11. #8
    Feed Store Operator
    Location
    Phx, Az.
    Posts
    732
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)
    47

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Hello,

    There is also another thread that talks about dry noses. See that one also.
    Someone also suggested "snout stic or stick". Looking at the ingredients this seems to be the same as what is in the "snout soother"
    Same thing, different name.

    Shea butter has been used as skin product and in cooking for many years in S. Africa: http://bit.ly/13jDSCt

    Vaseline is made from "pertrolatum" which is listed by the USDA/FDA as indigestible. Not the same as edible, but if it gets licked it is not harmful:
    http://1.usa.gov/11jjQIK

    Did you know that a common rumor that has been reported since the 1998 is that women consume 3-10 lbs of lipstick in their lifetime? While the claim seems to have merit, it is statistacly false. See link.

    http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/lipstick.asp


    But the point is, is that while lipstick does contain ingredients that would not be considered edible, they do indeed get ingested into foods from eating and licking lips.

    So, the choices of lip balm range from .99 cents to $5.99 and up? Cost effective ?

    Good Day~
    Last edited by ABEBD; 01-13-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Updated
    B&B~ABEBD

    "Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

  12. #9
    Bulldog Walker malaviKat's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    250
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    I've never had any issues with Wilson's nose nor Ace's (when he was living). As with any human product as I'm sure you know, make sure it's safe for the dogs too.

    Yeah... that's the thing about topical ingredients.. I have 100% natural shea butter (for instance) that is safe for humans for cosmetic use but is listed as 'non-edible'. I mean, it's edible in the sense that it's a nut-butter so, sure. But it's not listed as a food-safe ingredient because the standards for packaging and distributing food quality ingredients differ from the standards for cosmetics.

    Given that Chance licks everything I put on my own hands (I've spent a lot of time not moisturizing as a result) without much issue, I'm not too concerned. As long as shea butter isn't toxic for dogs... I think I'm going ahead with my homemade plans!

  13. #10
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    178
    Bulldog(s) Names
    daphnee
    Likes (Received)
    35

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    The Snout Soother is absolutely AWESOME!!!! I wish I would've taken before pics of my 8yo's nose. It looked painful, was cracked, had little pieces poking out. It looked like bad broccoli, for real. We bought this stuff, literally put it on once and it made a huge difference. We had to distract her so as not to lick it off. But we'd tried other things in the past, vaseline, bag of balm, and nothing worked. We've only had to use it a couple of times and what a huge difference. Only wish we'd found it earlier.

  14. #11
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Quote Originally Posted by Daphnee View Post
    The Snout Soother is absolutely AWESOME!!!! I wish I would've taken before pics of my 8yo's nose. It looked painful, was cracked, had little pieces poking out. It looked like bad broccoli, for real. We bought this stuff, literally put it on once and it made a huge difference. We had to distract her so as not to lick it off. But we'd tried other things in the past, vaseline, bag of balm, and nothing worked. We've only had to use it a couple of times and what a huge difference. Only wish we'd found it earlier.

    I so agree! Magic stuff!

  15. #12
    Newbie
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    6
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fredziu
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Snout Soother

    Third day of applying SS in the morning and before bed, and a magical thing happened... his old, crusty nose literally peeled off this afternoon, revealing a soft and supple nose underneath. The little booger is 2 now, and I've had him since a pup, and it's never looked and felt this good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •