FAQ: Why does my bully drool so much?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's true that all dogs drool, but the bulldog seems to have it worse than most dogs. Bulldogs drool because of the size of their face and all of the loose skin that hangs off their face. The more loose skin they have, the more they drool. There isn't enough solid skin to hold the drool inside their mouth.Anytime they have anything to drink, they are going to drool and there really isn't any way to prevent it. A lot of people will dry their bullies mouth after they drink to lessen the chance of them getting a rash, which is common with bulldogs. In short besides wiping off your bulldogs mouth after each drink they’re going to drool. Some people find this trait quite endearing. :) How do you deal with drool?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks loves to 'take' the bowl of water with her so I just keep a towel on the floor next to the bowl and wipe the floor as she walks away.

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
drooling is just part of owning a bulldog we just deal with it as if its just a normal everyday thing lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Dozer and Blossom don't drool too much, but when they drink water they will leave a puddle. We use a pet water cooler with a filter in it for their drinking water, and I have a rubber mat under it to collect the water that gets spilled. I use paper towel and baby wipes for their face when needed.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I have had many breed of dogs, and one way or another-when they drank, they got the floor wet. It's no big deal to me until I slip on it-so I will wipe it up. Since I am a "senior" and I don't mean in college! I am a little more careful-but I fall alot -not due to drool. They don't really drool any other time. Hey babies drool-these are My babies now!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas only really drools when I am eating. My hubby could be eating a 1 lb steak and Vegas don't even look at him or drool. I CREATED THIS DROOL MONSTER!! I am very bad about giving him bites of my steamed veggies or something he can have. Joe...NO WAY, ONLY in his bowl!!! I keep shammies by Vegas's water bowl to try to catch him when he's done drinking, he is like Niagra Falls!! I also keep a Swiffer Wet Jet right inside the pantry to clean up any leftover drinking water. I am pretty anal about this as I slipped once in his "after drinking, drool water" and fell and bruised my tailbone. It hurt for weeks :(

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online