Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

I was wondering what Supplements everyone uses or adds to their bullies dog food? How much they add? How often they add them? And if you see any improvements or benefits from using these supplements.

I add 4 supplements to Bulldozer and Blossoms food everyday:

1} I add 2 Tbsps of plain yogurt to their morning kibble everyday. Yogurt is a great source of
    Probiotics, which is great for digestion, elimination, and it boosts the immune system. It helps
    to fight infections, parasites, and allergy symptoms. Allergies are caused by an abnormal
    response of the immune system, so by boosting the immune system you can help the body fight
    these off. Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, beef, corn and grains.

2} I add 1 Tbsp. of Apple Cider Vinegar to their drinking water everyday. There are many health
    benefits to using ACV, such as it is a natural anti inflammatory, (99% of diseases including
    Arthritis are caused by inflammation in the body), it is also a natural anti bacterial and anti fungal,
    which kills the bad bacteria in the body, so again boosts the immune system. It also balances the
    Ph levels of the blood. There is an excellent article that our member Sherry posted on the Home
    Page, called The Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar, it lists all the many other benefits of this
    supplement.

3} I also add 1 Tbsp. of Coconut Oil to their evening kibble everyday. Coconut Oil is an excellent
    source of Omega 3 Fatty Acids, which is beneficial for skin the skin and coat, bones and joints,
    as well as the brain. You can also use Salmon Oil or Cod Liver Oil, although some bullies are
    allergic to, or don't tolerate Salmon Oil, and when you use fish oils, it can leave a fishy smell.

4} I also add 1 Tsp. of PetKelp Joint and Bone Formula, with added Chrondroitin and Glucosamine to
    the evening kibble everyday. Kelp provides over 70 Vitamins and Minerals from Ocean Kelp, and
    provides all the vitamins your dog will ever need, plus the added benefits of Chrondroitin and
    Glucosamine which helps keep the bones and joints healthy.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

Great Info. I give yogurt as a topper and NuVet.
    My smooshy face boy!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

My dogs get Kauffman's Stress Protection formula, which is probiotics, vitamins minerals and anti oxidents. They also get glucosimine, and active culture yogurt for a nightime snack. and they get AWAY WITH TOO MUCH!!!!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Harlea gets Kefir, coconut oil and powdered probiotics daily. We used to give her HardyPet and switched to NuVet but we had to stop both as she is sensitive to the chicken that is in them.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley
    Likes (Received)

Charley is on Nupro (gold) Vitamin supplement that he gets as a gravy on his evening meal; he loves it and we've noticed dramatic improvement in his skin and coat! He was on pumpkin for a while, but we recently stopped adding it to his morning once we got him on the Nupro. I like the yogurt idea for the morning though, I may start doing that as well!

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

I just started giving him a tablespoon of yogurt. I'm not sure if it's causing Diarrhea though. His poop was too soft. Is ACV good to give for a 15 week old already?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by USCgirl81 View Post
    I just started giving him a tablespoon of yogurt. I'm not sure if it's causing Diarrhea though. His poop was too soft. Is ACV good to give for a 15 week old already?
    Cut back a little on the yogurt, maybe a teaspoon see if that helps. Yes, AVC is fine now
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

I've started given salmon oil and kelp on Roscoe's food about a month ago. I give him probiotic wafers but I just ordered NuVet to try.
    In my darkest hour I reached for a hand and found a paw.

9. Likes bullmama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Bella gets ACV, coconut oil, and fish oil as toppers on both of her daily meals.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We give yogurt (plain white or Greek), coconut oil, nuvet and nujoint, I also make a pot of homecooked food for a few meals a week, but not lately since I can't cook at the moment. They are doing well without it but I'm sure they miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    We give yogurt (plain white or Greek), coconut oil, nuvet and nujoint, I also make a pot of homecooked food for a few meals a week, but not lately since I can't cook at the moment. They are doing well without it but I'm sure they miss it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im sure they do miss mamas cooking Lisa, how is your hand doing? Anymore improvement?
    I also home cook for our guys, but haven't done it for a couple of months, I should get back to it.
    What recipe do you use?
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

13. Likes bullmama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

For Usko I give flaxseed and Camelina groats, Multidog Multivitamin, probiotics, MSM, Glucosamine, Gout Care and occasionally fish oil.
    Voitto gets flaxseed and Camelina groats, probiotics, Canine Joint Care (with MSM, Glucosamine and Chondroitin) and fish oil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads