Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pumba Ru
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

Good to know. I noticed this morning Pumbas eyes are funky his paws are a tad pinker then usual. I cleaned his eyes and instantly said to myself home cooking it is. I made a pot of ground turkey cooked some carrots and butternut squash cooked one egg and grounded the shell with 2tablespoons of organic flaxseed. Then chopped up a bunch of organic spinach and peels apples. I have the Health Extension joint mobility and just read the fine print that says it has traces of wheat. So now at a loss as to how to get his glucosamine in his diet. Any suggestions on this or any advice on what to add to his food? Oh I also put a handful of blueberries in the mix. Running to the store to get sweet peppers now am I missing anything? I used two pounds of ground turkey to start. No beans or lentils thinking of adding peas. Oh and I mixed in two teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar. Yes I have lost my mind today!

2. Likes 2BullyMama, Hankster liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

Quote Originally Posted by pumbasmom View Post
    Good to know. I noticed this morning Pumbas eyes are funky his paws are a tad pinker then usual. I cleaned his eyes and instantly said to myself home cooking it is. I made a pot of ground turkey cooked some carrots and butternut squash cooked one egg and grounded the shell with 2tablespoons of organic flaxseed. Then chopped up a bunch of organic spinach and peels apples. I have the Health Extension joint mobility and just read the fine print that says it has traces of wheat. So now at a loss as to how to get his glucosamine in his diet. Any suggestions on this or any advice on what to add to his food? Oh I also put a handful of blueberries in the mix. Running to the store to get sweet peppers now am I missing anything? I used two pounds of ground turkey to start. No beans or lentils thinking of adding peas. Oh and I mixed in two teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar. Yes I have lost my mind today!

This is what I use for joints... no wheat in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pumba Ru
    Likes (Received)

Thank you!! I am going to google it! I ran to Petsmart on my way home and everything had slight traces of wheat or say. I am going to google this now and call my vet first thing in the am about it! Thanks so much!

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default FAQ: Do you give your bullies supplements? If so, what do you give and how often?

Quote Originally Posted by pumbasmom View Post
    Thank you!! I am going to google it! I ran to Petsmart on my way home and everything had slight traces of wheat or say. I am going to google this now and call my vet first thing in the am about it! Thanks so much!
    No prescription needed... Amazon. My vet told us about it and he highly recommended

Damn.. last ingredient is soybean oil *sigh*
    I never noticed it and might explain some things with Lambeau, as he is allergic to soy. CRAP

e.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

I am going to start giving Jax GLM (green lipped mussel powder). It is supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory and good for the joints.

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

for the joints,,,, some of us use the cosequin ds (10.00 off at costco right now) or the acti flex for horses (and humans and dogs!) Has some great stuff in it and my daughters pug has lost her limp being on this one right now !!! Must adjust dose for weight

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    UB
    Likes (Received)

Interested in what brand of joint supplements people are giving. I see NuVet, Movoflex and Acti-flex but others are referring to glucosamine in general. My bully had been blood tested a while ago (8 years) and showed allergies to chicken. Nuvet and Movoflex both have chicken in them. Thank you!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
    Interested in what brand of joint supplements people are giving. I see NuVet, Movoflex and Acti-flex but others are referring to glucosamine in general. My bully had been blood tested a while ago (8 years) and showed allergies to chicken. Nuvet and Movoflex both have chicken in them. Thank you!
    Tumeric with a little bit of black pepper or GLM (green lipped mussel powder) @helsonwheels @Cbrugs
    e.

12. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lovemybull View Post
    I'm going to be trying the GLM but I also just came across this Liquid Glucosamine I might try at some point - https://www.liquidhealthpets.com/

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

The Liquid Glucosamine I buy is the one at Costco. All Liquid supplements are absorbed faster thought the system. Anything that’s liquid, oils are way better than hard capsules/ tablets. For Capsules, only about 50% is absorbed. Waste of money. The powder form is much better than capsules. I said this often for turmeric you need to add just a tiny tiny pinch of black pepper for its full potent to be absorbed n any silicon/plastic capsules is to be thrown away n just use whatever is inside into your dog’s meal. Our human capsules are not made for any dog’s digestion.

15. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    The Liquid Glucosamine I buy is the one at Costco. All Liquid supplements are absorbed faster thought the system. Anything thatís liquid, oils are way better than hard capsules/ tablets. For Capsules, only about 50% is absorbed. Waste of money. The powder form is much better than capsules. I said this often for turmeric you need to add just a tiny tiny pinch of black pepper for its full potent to be absorbed n any silicon/plastic capsules is to be thrown away n just use whatever is inside into your dogís meal. Our human capsules are not made for any dogís digestion.
    Is the liquid you get okay for dogs as well?

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cbrugs View Post
    Is the liquid you get okay for dogs as well?

I do give it to Nyala ONLY every other day and haven’t started Duke on it just yet. I don’t believe over supplementing too much when they are very young. They both eat very well, healthy n gets a lot of exercise. I find the problem with people they will boost all sorts in their pets when nothing is wrong with them. This is my opinion for young dog’s. Unless there is a health issue (like Jax) or eating grain kibbles or junk food, that’s another story. My friend has. 9yr old lab n a 4yr old mix husky. The 9yr old started limping due to the age. She gives him that liquid glucosamine from Costco and he now can run a bit more. She also gives him essential oils, bone broth etc. Herself she has knee issues so when she takes her dose so does Spud. Her 4yr old takes it only every other day like Nyala. In my opinion, a dog that is healthy and is around 5yrs old, should be the right time to start “certain” supplements but not everything that’s out there. I rather give or boost my dogs with produce. Bare in mind saying this, doesn’t mean it works for Nyala will work for all dogs. I just know I rather have all supplements if possible in liquid form. Intravenous is even better but that’s another story which won’t happen lolll.

18. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads