Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAQ: How much Benadryl can you give your bully?

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: How much Benadryl can you give your bully?

I've begun giving my Ollie Benadryl daily as she's been having some skin issues.
    I don't want her to be exhausted all day- so I've been giving them to her at night before her bed time. I figure that way she will get the sleepy effects while she's going to be sleeping anyway. Is this ok or do you think it won't be as effective? I suspect the allergy is grass or bug related so if she's getting it at night will it still protect her during the day when she is spending time outside?
    Ollie is 35 pounds so I've been giving her 1 x 25 mg tablet a day.

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chase
    Likes (Received)

We have depended on Benadryl quite a few times over the years when our bullie gets into things he shouldn't. He's 55 pounds and we usually only give him 1 unless it's bad - Then he gets 2. He's been good with both, of course just sleeps a lot more than normal

Michelle & Wesley

Potty Trainer
    Real Name
    Susan
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fannie Mae
    Likes (Received)

Is Benadryl given only for itching??? My girl (3 years old, and I've had her just over a week) is having breathing problems, and I really think that it's due to allergies. I've tried asking the breeder that I got her from for more information, but I can't get a response. Please help. I'm so worried about her as she's so phlemmy and having a tough time.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FANNYSMAMA View Post
    Is Benadryl given only for itching??? My girl (3 years old, and I've had her just over a week) is having breathing problems, and I really think that it's due to allergies. I've tried asking the breeder that I got her from for more information, but I can't get a response. Please help. I'm so worried about her as she's so phlemmy and having a tough time.
    Benadryl helps some dogs with itching, I've never had any luck with it for mine. It also helps with hives.

If your dog is having an issue breathing and she's phlegmy, I wouldn't waste my time with over the counter meds., I would take her in because she may need something much stronger, like a steroid shot. I would also do this immediately. Breathing is a very serious issue with bulldogs, they go into distress very fast.

5. Likes TyTysmom, Manydogs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads