FAQ: What kind of shampoo do you use on your bulldog?

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
That is so cute! :) love the smell of coconut oil

I use Fair Trade Dr Bonner magic soap. You cant get more organic and all pure essential oils than that. Started as my soap as I get dry itchy skin too. Then I figured.... good for me...good for Nyala. Then I rub her with coconut oil all over while she's eating her teaspoon of coconut oil. So......she ends up smelling like a peppermint coconut pattie. :)

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I use Fair Trade Dr Bonner magic soap. You cant get more organic and all pure essential oils than that. Started as my soap as I get dry itchy skin too. Then I figured.... good for me...good for Nyala. Then I rub her with coconut oil all over while she's eating her teaspoon of coconut oil. So......she ends up smelling like a peppermint coconut pattie. :)

Haha! I didn't think Betty would eat coconut oil (I tried added it to her food and she ate around it) until after her bath time she was trying to lick it off my hands while I was rubbing her down :D

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Haha! I didn't think Betty would eat coconut oil (I tried added it to her food and she ate around it) until after her bath time she was trying to lick it off my hands while I was rubbing her down :D

I always put a teaspoon on the floor while I rub her down with some. Very good for them. Also I need to get cod liver oil at Costco. My German Shepherd had it regularly. 3-4 of them in liquid. He was 115lbs. At 8yrs old he was still jumping 5-6ft up nover fences. Extremely good for joints n shin. Nyala will get one a day for now. Especially with these dogs and their joints n skin issues.

nbakes

Feb 23, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cora
I use Dawn dish soap (original blue color). It's safe and gentle on my girl's skin/coat but cleans very well. I recommend it over any dog shampoos.

MacAttack

Sep 17, 2012
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear, Mac (2/12 - 5/16) & Louis (french)
Johnson's baby shampoo; however, I don't bathe them very often....maybe once every other month and if they get dirty. They don't smell but I do wipe the wrinkles just about every day. Guess we are lucky that they haven't had any skin allergies so far to deal with.

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I use Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo with Tea Tree & Aloe Vera.. I rarely ever bathe Rom though only when he is really stinky or steps in poop. I clean his face and wipe his wrinkles everyday so he is always a good smelling bully! Speaking of which... WHAT do people use in there bullies wrinkles? i sometimes use baby powder.. is this ok? does anyone have any other suggestions?

I put corn starch in his wrinkles after I have washed with witch hazel. If his wrinkles are red I use desitin. Baby powder has talc particles that are carcinogenic in humans. I don't know if the formula has been changed since I learned that.

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
I use Dawn dish soap (original blue color). It's safe and gentle on my girl's skin/coat but cleans very well. I recommend it over any dog shampoos.

Be careful with Dawn. It can dry out their skin - it's good for getting smells out but it can be harsh on the skin if used too often.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
I use The Puppy Tearless Brand from Petsmart, with Oatmeal and Chamomile, and then I use equal amounts of White Vinegar and warm water to rinse them.

I just bought some of that! Haven't used it yet.

Moebrane

Aug 19, 2016
West Palm
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Katy, Connor
Be careful with Dawn. It can dry out their skin - it's good for getting smells out but it can be harsh on the skin if used too often.
Agree about dawn. I'm sure it works great but too strong.
When I picked up Katie from the breeder last month I was strongly advised to use pet-only products for her bath, that's my 2cent :) I am not an authority on doggie stuff.

I used Summer's Eve on Fred as he was a rescue and very septic from being stray. I guess the anti-fungal/bacterial stuff in it worked.
My favorite was "delicate Blossom"

Steve

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
NuVet Tea Tree Medicated Shampoo with an ACV diluted rinse.

IMG_6024.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Use different ones but a few are the Micro tec ones, bluberry facial, HyLyT... hummmm cant think of others right now.. oh used malaseb when he had a skin issue ..

bj4ta

May 22, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe & Harley
Hello,
Reading you post today about you using malaise for your bully skin issue. Where do you find this product?
My bully is having skin issue just started. I want to get a handle on it. What causes skin issue?

Have a good day.
BJ

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello,
Reading you post today about you using malaise for your bully skin issue. Where do you find this product?
My bully is having skin issue just started. I want to get a handle on it. What causes skin issue?

Have a good day.
BJ

Before using anything or shampoos, what are the skin issues? Photos would be great....shampoos does not cure everything. Why it’s important to know the problem first. :)

SueBee

Aug 6, 2019
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rollie
I just got my puppy a week ago and was told to only use the blue Dawn liquid soap. Anyone else use that?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.