FAQ: What kind of shampoo do you use on your bulldog?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We use :
Oatmeal normally
Malaseb or any other medicated shampoo when needed. :-)

MrJones

Oct 6, 2014
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Basil
I actually use Johnsons and Johnsons baby shampoo per my breeders recommendation. Leaves her feeling great and she must like it because she runs to the tubs as soon as I say "bath"

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
We also use Johnson and Johnson's baby shampoo. June hasn't had many baths though... less than 5 probably. But it has worked great!

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
Both of my bully's need different shampoos. One had a terrible MRSP bacterial infection and Triz Chlor 4 works wonders for the resistant staph. My other bully did great on vet solutions oatmeal and aloe shampoo but I decided to try something different and bought Dr. Bronners liquid castile soap because it was a more natural product. I HATE it. :( It really strips all of the natural oils from her fur. Not sure what I want to try next. :-/

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Pert Plus and water 1:1 or more was recommended by an old school vet. This is what we use most often.

H

HoldenIron

I have been using Virbac KetoChlor, it's a medicated anti fungal, anti bacterial shampoo. Works great and helps with yeasty smells and that sick stinky wet dog smell.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
I started off with Malaseb after I ran out of it, I tried the Duclox (I purchased off Amazon). Farley still continued to itch and have funky smell after a few days. My vet suggested MiconaHex +Triz shampoo. It works great! It always seems like it is a really cleanses him well and it makes him smell very nice afterwards without drying his skin out. We have to bathe him 2 times a week at the moment. He just had a flare up with his skin a few weeks ago and had to be on the new shampoo and prednisone .
We have also been using the MiconaHex+Triz facial wipes. They work great for his wrinkles and he doesn't seem to mind them compared to the other brand we had from the vet.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I have used KetoChlor when Mabel had a bad fungal infection, but now use Life's Abundance Revitalizing Shampoo. It's got a balanced pH for dogs and is very gentle. It leaves her smelling wonderful and makes her coat so soft. You have to be careful using human shampoo on dogs. The pH of a dog's skin is more alkaline than our more acidic skin, so washing with a shampoo that is formulated for us can strip essential oils from a dog's skin that protects it from parasites, viruses, and bacteria. You might need to shampoo your dog more frequently because a build-up of bacteria can cause your dog to smell. Dog shampoos should be in the neutral pH range--around 7. I found a really good website that explains this. Maintaining Your Dog's Skin pH | petMD

roccogarza

Dec 26, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
i just purchased a shampoo from petsmart it cost 15 dollars i bought it in the grooming section where they clip toe nails it brings my rocco his shine on his white coat !!!!

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
I use Earthbath Natural Pet Shampoo with Tea Tree & Aloe Vera.. I rarely ever bathe Rom though only when he is really stinky or steps in poop. I clean his face and wipe his wrinkles everyday so he is always a good smelling bully! Speaking of which... WHAT do people use in there bullies wrinkles? i sometimes use baby powder.. is this ok? does anyone have any other suggestions?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We use baby wipes & witch hazel. Desitin baby ointment for bad days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
We just started using Head and Shoulders Shampoo per suggestion from our vet. I bought the one with the almond oil but next time I think I'll try the "2 in1 Purely Gentle". Just don't use it anywhere near the eyes. I've been using only on neck down and then using his old shampoo (no tears) for his head. It seems to have taken a majority of his itching away. I am still bathing 1 time a week.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I used Burt's Bees pet shampoo. It is wonderful.

Alpha1

Nov 18, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Zik
We have been using buddy wash for years with no issues. Anyone else used it?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I use Fair Trade Dr Bonner magic soap. You cant get more organic and all pure essential oils than that. Started as my soap as I get dry itchy skin too. Then I figured.... good for me...good for Nyala. Then I rub her with coconut oil all over while she's eating her teaspoon of coconut oil. So......she ends up smelling like a peppermint coconut pattie. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online