Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FAQ: How did you survive puppy teething phase?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella and Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: How did you survive puppy teething phase?

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Have you been using the training technique.. 'nothing in life is free' ? That may help some

What allergies, do you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The allergies are dog food based (initially we thought that maybe it was a grass based allergy)- we have gone through several brands and are now on a vet based high protein dog food (name alludes me at the moment). Bella would break out on her tummy, as well as starting hives along her legs. So far the new food works, but she is also in an anti-histamine twice daily... So treats become a hit or miss, presently i am trying carrots (natural and something to chew)- as to the bitter apple spray mentioned by another person- my Westie used to love that stuff- would keep licking the areas that i sprayed and then keep on chewing. Hopefully the Bullies will not favour that taste. I will try it after ruling out allergic responses to it. thank you,

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella and Winnie
    Likes (Received)

oh, i forgot- we are taking both pups to a training school for basic obedience, so i will address training at that point concerning the biting/chewing.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    The allergies are dog food based (initially we thought that maybe it was a grass based allergy)- we have gone through several brands and are now on a vet based high protein dog food (name alludes me at the moment). Bella would break out on her tummy, as well as starting hives along her legs. So far the new food works, but she is also in an anti-histamine twice daily... So treats become a hit or miss, presently i am trying carrots (natural and something to chew)- as to the bitter apple spray mentioned by another person- my Westie used to love that stuff- would keep licking the areas that i sprayed and then keep on chewing. Hopefully the Bullies will not favour that taste. I will try it after ruling out allergic responses to it. thank you,
    Vet food is fine for a short term 'fix', but most vets (not knocking them) know nothing about nutrition... they don't have the time to study it so they just sell and push what the big companies ask them too sell.

Look into some of these;
    raw is the best you can feed
    The Honest Kitchen - dehydrated raw is second best
    Kibbles would be -- Orijen, Fromm, Acana, Earthborn Holistic, Zingnature
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Potty Trainer
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Zeus is 5 months old and still teething, so far what has worked for us is giving him three toys at a time and changing them when he is bored with them. Also saying ouch loud and walking away from him as well as keeping him confined to a playpen.

6. Likes Jersey, 2bMimi liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophia
    Likes (Received)

A Shark Phase???!! Are ya guys kidding me right now???? We call Sophie a zombie bully bc she is constantly eating our flesh. Granted she's only 4 months old...BUT 3 YEARS and a Shark Phase?? Oh my.....

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Argo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by binxrexchubbs View Post
    I'm still working on that, lol. My arms, hands, legs & ankles are pretty beat up. I'm just not fast enough, my hubby is though. #superjealous
    We have several chew toys for Chubbs but that doesn't seem to matter.
    LOL no kidding - same with my husband, he gets kisses I get sneak attacks lol. Working on the "NO" and nylabone mentioned above - wish me luck..... from the Human Chewtoy/Pincushion

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sophia
    Likes (Received)

Not only their biting, but their lack of personal boundaries..lol Sophia walks all over me, to the point that I woke up one morning with what looked like finger bruises up and down my arms! It looked like my husband abused me in his sleep until we realized it's paw prints, not finger prints!! Ugh LOL!

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads