Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FAQ: How did you survive puppy teething phase?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: How did you survive puppy teething phase?

Quote Originally Posted by BustersOwner View Post
    Between Buster biting us and potty training only working when HE wants to do it, we keep warning him we are sending him back to his mommy. He just keeps on attacking us and our older dog. He wants to play with the older dog but he has an eye infection and hasn't been feeling well so he hasn't be in the area Buster is allowed to be free in. But when they cross paths Buster keeps on trying to get him to play. I think he takes out in his aggression on us.
    Welcome to you & Buster Based on his picture (he's precious, btw) - he's still just a baby - and will grow out of it. The only thing is that you have to correct him each time, maybe with a firm "no bite" and start implementing training now. So it doesn't get worse as he gets older. He definitely is just playing, and doesn't mean it, but if you start correcting him, and rewarding him for good behavior - he'll catch on alot faster

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Welcome to you & Buster Based on his picture (he's precious, btw) - he's still just a baby - and will grow out of it. The only thing is that you have to correct him each time, maybe with a firm "no bite" and start implementing training now. So it doesn't get worse as he gets older. He definitely is just playing, and doesn't mean it, but if you start correcting him, and rewarding him for good behavior - he'll catch on alot faster
    I need a more recent picture as he just turns 18 weeks today. Lol
    We always say "no bite" and we just started to stop playing if he continues to bite. The vet said he should be losing his puppy teeth soon. Will that usually help some?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BustersOwner View Post
    I need a more recent picture as he just turns 18 weeks today. Lol
    We always say "no bite" and we just started to stop playing if he continues to bite. The vet said he should be losing his puppy teeth soon. Will that usually help some?
    Good! Keep on with the no bite, and ignoring - bullies are extremely stubborn so it will take a while for it to sink in, lol. I would love to say that it will help, but honestly probably not. You could try some nylabones, or antlers once he gets his big boy teeth in, so you can re-direct him when he's biting. Just make sure you always supervise them with anything, and get larger bones that they aren't able to swallow. Bullies are notorious for swallowing things, which can then cause an obstruction.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Good! Keep on with the no bite, and ignoring - bullies are extremely stubborn so it will take a while for it to sink in, lol. I would love to say that it will help, but honestly probably not. You could try some nylabones, or antlers once he gets his big boy teeth in, so you can re-direct him when he's biting. Just make sure you always supervise them with anything, and get larger bones that they aren't able to swallow. Bullies are notorious for swallowing things, which can then cause an obstruction.
    Lol, yeah I remember how my last bullie would eat a bone all the way down to the very end and I would have to fish out if his mouth. Haha, Man I Miss that little bastard!

5. Likes TyTysmom, ChrisRN, MacAttack liked this post
    Real Name
    Jacki
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fudge
    Likes (Received)

Our new boy Fudge is a chewer really bad. It was kind of shock to me since our boxer never ate anything except one pair of my flip flops and one window sill candle light thing. He had one accident with the corner of the white trim on the bottom of the wall, but after a stern punishment he never chewed anything ever again. Our new bullie tho - omg he will literally put everything in his mouth including my boxer lol. Everytime I try to pet him all he does is bite me LOL... its cute but kind of annoying.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

All my life I had dobermans and German Shepherds and it never fails you give the raw bones. Not the joints but the one that has bone marrow in it. They will never touch your furniture. I would freeze them. They chew on that for days n days. Works!

Real Name
    Chanelle
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Romulan & Roscoe
    Likes (Received)

we tried evvvvvvvvvvverything- it was so frustrating.. But I think the thing that works the best is just be consistent.. pay attention and just keep putting a toy infront of him/her when they are biting.
    Add me on Instagram! rom_the_bully

9. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brix
    Likes (Received)

I was wondering about this too. He has been with us since Saturday. I think he is getting very comfortable in his new home. Just yesterday he started the shark attacking. With my youngest son, he will crouch down then do a flying lunge chomp thing. When I'm walking he'll bite at my ankles. We have chew toys and everything, but he really wants hands and feet. You hear a lot of "NO BITE" in our house right now.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads