FAQ: How far and how often do you walk your bulldog(s)?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Do you take your bulldog for regular walks? if so, how far do you usually go and how many times a week? Please share your walking experiences :walk:

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Great question. I just PM another member the same question. We walk the boys about 50 yards and you would think we were killing them. Then come inside and they go wild. Any help would be appreciated.

Bulhei

Sep 23, 2014
Osaka
Country
japan
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Tank can walk for an hour when it cools down but from June to September we just do 10 mins

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:walk:We have one of each, one walker, and one non-walker. Blossom loves to walk, and will walk for hours if you let her, and Dozer absolutely hates to walk. We have our guys on a walk/potty schedule that is the same everyday. They go out for a 15 to 20 minute walk at 6:00 am, then back home for breakfast around 6:30 am. They usually go back to sleep after that for a couple of hours. They play around the house or snuggle, or lay on the floor. At 10:00 am, they go out for potty again. Around 3:00 pm, they go out for potty again, and then they eat dinner at 6:00 pm, and then go out for potty around 6:30 or 7:00 pm. They have their last walk, which is usually around the block or to the corner and back between 10:00 and 11:00 pm. We do the longer walks in the morning and in the evening, when it's cooler outside, and only out for potty breaks when it's hot and humid outside. In the winter we go mostly out just for potty breaks, and not so many long walks because it gets so cold, and their paws get frozen. :rundog:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Blue goes out 3 times a day (and pees once on his wee wee pad because he hates going out). My husband walks him and it's anywhere between 5 minutes in the morning to do his business, to an hour at night.

Wellie goes out 4 times a day. Twice with Blue and Chris (morning and night), and twice more with me during the day. We do about 15 minute walks.

The nightly walks with Blue, Wellie, Chris and me have been lasting about 45-60 minutes this week. We go to the dog park and the boys have a blast. I love it now that it's cooler because it's also great exercise for them.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Twice a day xx ,but if its raining lilly will lie down in the middle of the road and i got to carry her home-does this count too? [emoji23]

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
2 times every day.
Our funniest was when we only had diesel at the time. He pees on plastic bags. A neighbour stopped at say hello, put his grocery bags down and diesel peed all over his shopping. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
We walk every night after the sun goes down and the temps drop. We walk about a 1/2 mile at a snails pace and there is no hassling when we are through. LOL We used to walk closer to a mile but my senior girl doesn't want to go that far anymore. Going away from the house is harder but when we turn to come home she trots. :no: I think part of her reluctance to walk is because she is bored of walking in the neighborhood because anytime we go someplace new like a park she leads the way and you can hardly slow her down.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Four times per day; three walks of 30-40 minutes plus a short walk before we go to bed.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Not very often for us. Orion will go and go and go until she is panting (we usually only go fall, winter and early spring, never during summer) Vegas??? He usually makes it to the end of the driveway. When he notices we have passed the car...he flops flat on the concrete and will not move until you either 1)open the car door or 2) walk back towards the front door.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse goes for a morning walk each day and it takes about 20 mins, he wont let us miss taking him

I should rephrase that Ftse takes us for a walk more like it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since we have a large fenced in back yard..... walks are limited to very cool days. The pups are out and about in the yard for as long as the weather allows them to be when we are home with them. When we do walk them, it is 15 mins tops

jrm4810

Jun 16, 2013
Ocean County NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubs
hi there,

Up until last month when I hurt my knee Tubs and I would walk about 1 1/2 miles a day in the am around the neighborhood and then a shorter walk in the pm all depending upon the heat in the summer. now that im still getting this old butt of mine working again we are gooing for walks about 3/4 mile and then to make up for the walk its lots of tennis ball throwing cnad chasing. he loves it we live in a neighborhood where there are alot of dogs and things to sniff

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online