Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FAQ: How far and how often do you walk your bulldog(s)?

Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: How far and how often do you walk your bulldog(s)?

Had walking problems in the beginning using a harness went to a trainer he recommended a slip lead (and till George got used to it some treats) he loves walking now. Usually 15 - 20 mins but he would walk forever now he loves it but as he's still a puppy we keep the walk short. He can be a little hyper after it though. As long as your dog has some playtime using their brain it seems that this is excercise enough for them in bad weather or excessively hot weather.

Real Name
    Mandy
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Betty
    Likes (Received)

We take Betty on a mile long walk first thing in the morning (about 25-30 minutes) and then again in the evening. She's quite a lean bulldog (everyone says she looks skinny when we're out and about, but the vet said she's at a healthy weight) and usually likes the exercise. Unless its raining, then she tries to drag me back to the house. We're quite lucky as her previous owner must have trained her well, she walks perfectly on a harness and is good off the lead as well.

3. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Im like you Betty. Everyday we walk at the dog park. I do 2 rounds. Plus my son something comes to the house with his 2 pitbulls like today and Nyala gives them their money's worth for a pup. She just doesn't stop and goes after them or rams into them for a good hour outside. Hope she keeps this energy up as I love to walk n ride my bike. Would be fantastic if she follows.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boss and Biggie
    Likes (Received)

We have 2 MALE BULLIES -One does not like to go outside before bedtime -even if we make him by dragging him outside he will not pee or poop. He doesn't make any mistakes and then goes outside right away in the morning. We have tried all of his favorite treats but when he doesn't want to go outside we must drag him - I hate doing it. Any ideas

Again, he goes outside for rides, first thing in the morning and he enjoys it but not later in the day etc

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads