FAQ: Do you give flea & tick medication and what do you use?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does anyone else have experience with Trifexis good or bad? Just want to get some feedback. Also is this the right place for me to post this?

If you like you could stat a new thread under general talk, but most here are not a fan. We have a few members that had bad experiences and one bully passed from the effects of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Sentinel doesn't have good flea coverage.Lufenuron in Sentinel is very poor protection for fleas- is basically just a birth control pill for fleas, so fleas can bite your dog and cause allergies and infest your environment as well before they eventually die out. Lufenuron is interesting though since at higher doses than the Sentinel dose it will treat fungal infections such as ringworm.

You can probably Google and find all the horror stories about it. I am not a fan of the topical treatments. I use Sentinel Spectrum which covers fleas, heartworms and other worms. It doesn't cover ticks but I don't need to worry about ticks for where I live.

spameggsandrice

Aug 14, 2017
Simpsonville, SC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brix
Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke with the breeder to see what she uses and will be using the same. Revolution is what its called.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
REvolution is pretty good since it kills heartworm,hookworm,round worm,ear mites, and fleas. However its tick protection is not great, since it takes up to 5 days to kill ticks which is too long to prevent them transmitting lyme disease and other diseases. It's not even labelled to kill deer tick, which is the one that carries lyme disease. If you live in a tick infested area, you can combine topical Revolution with oral Nexgard as well as other combinations.

Thank you for all the feedback. I spoke with the breeder to see what she uses and will be using the same. Revolution is what its called.

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
I use Nexgard for fleas/ticks one tablet a month and Heartgard also once a month. My EBD has used two vets in different geographic areas of Florida and they both recommended the same products

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Diatomaceous Earth to kill the fleas. Then witch hazel and lavender essential oil body mist to repel fleas.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I never use chemicals but essential oils. I walk often in around the Rockies which do have ticks n all. Pups never had issues.

FOR TICKS

14 oz of Witch Hazel
12 drops of Lavender
15 drops of Citronella
15 drops of Lemongrass

Put all in a spray bottle and shake.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.