Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Do you use apple cider vinegar, also known as ACV?

Please give details on what kind you use, how you use it, and any known or positive benefits or negative you have experienced when using ACV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I have not used this yet, and I tried putting it in the dogs water bowl and they hated it!!! Of course… Lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not used this yet, and I tried putting it in the dogs water bowl and they hated it!!! Of course… Lol

SAME... was real surprised, Banks would not drink it at all. I keep it on hand incase I need it for her coat or rinse her paws sometimes from grass allergies.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes we use Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar. I add 1 Tbsp. to their drinking water everyday, I have done this since they were 10 weeks old, so they are used to it. They don't know their water any way else. (For those who's dogs don't like the smell or the taste of the ACV, you can also add it to their kibble.). I give it to them for preventative reasons, there are so many positive health benefits to ACV, such as its a natural anti inflammatory, ( 99% of all diseases including Arthritis is caused by inflammation in the body), it kills the bad bacteria in the body so boosts the immune system, which is beneficial for fighting infections, parasites, and allergy symptoms ( allergies are caused by an abnormal response of the immune system), and it also balances the Ph levels of the blood. Blossom has so many allergies to chicken, salmon, and her new one beef, corn and grains, so I hope being proactive and giving her ACV, Probiotics, and good quality food will help her to boost her immune system and fight the allergy symptoms. A strong immune system will also help fight infections, parasites, and bladder infections from the Inside. I haven't had any negative reactions to them having ACV. I also like the fact that these supplements are natural instead of medications, and they are also cheap to use, ACV costs $9.99 a bottle,I buy it at Nutrition House, yogurt is about $5.00 at Costco, and Coconut Oil is about $20.00 for a big container at Costco as well.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
I also use Braggs. I just throw a capful in with their food and they gobble it down with no hesitation.

luvmybully

May 19, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tucker
I put a squirt of ACV and water, equal parts in Tucker's ears and rub rub rub, then he shakes shakes shakes!!

Sarah Elizabeth

Oct 20, 2013
Kentucky
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hulk
I tried using it with Hulk but it made him itch very bad to the point he was making himself bleed. As soon as we stopped using it he cleared up.

minibull

Sep 4, 2014
Midwestern USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Buttercup
Our new vet recommended I add 2 Tb to Buttercup's water bowl to prevent fungal overgrowth (a problem with our sweetheart). I added just 1 Tb and she turned her nose up at the smell. I might try again with a smaller amount and see if she gets used to it, but she's taking a course of medication right now so I don't want her to get dehydrated as she already drinks only once or twice a day. I do wonder if the acidic ACV might leach metals or plastic from a bowl...I tried it in a ceramic bowl.

Bulhei

Sep 23, 2014
Osaka
Country
japan
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I've always put a little bit and is drinking water in the morning....I don't know how much good it does but tank's always healthy and happy so I just keep doing it:)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You can try putting it in Buttercups kibble instead of in her water if she turns her nose up at the smell.

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
We use it for Reggie, have done since we got him at 8 weeks old. We started putting it in his water, but he's a bit fussy and will only drink if its cold, and it got difficult to know how much he was having as I had to keep refreshing his bowl. Now he gets a teaspoon with his morning meal, and again on meal 3.
Meal 2 gets natural yogurt, meal 4 gets coconut oil. He loves it all! :)

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I put a squirt of ACV and water, equal parts in Tucker's ears and rub rub rub, then he shakes shakes shakes!!

b
I used it to clear ear mites it worked a treat, mixed with water of course.

Boborgemia

Jul 31, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I used Organic Apple cider vinegar. benefits are weight loss, lower blood sugar levels and improved symptoms of diabetes. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online