RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My boys are crate trained so that they will go in when asked, but they only have to stay in their crates in dog shows or occasionally if we are visiting friends. They are not in their crates when we're away from home or at night.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yes, our guys are crate trained. They were crate trained by the breeder, so were already used to being in a crate before we brought them home. When they were puppies, we had a double crate that they shared, but as they got older, we realized how different their personalities were. Bulldozer is our very laid back lazy guy, ( that's why we call him Dozey) lol
He is happiest to sleep and cuddle, he doesn't like to walk, and will play for about 20 mins, and then be tired out and sleep for hours. Blossom has so much energy, she will walk for hours, and she is in play mode all the time. She will snuggle too, but it's on her terms, and mostly in the evening, and after she tuckered herself out with play. She wouldn't let Dozer sleep in the double crate, she would bite on his ears, jump on him and wanted to play, so we bought two separate crates, and they are side by side, but they have their own spaces. It's funny to watch them when they are sleeping because they always seem to sleep in the same position, same direction or same spot as each other. They sleep,in their crates at night, and are only in the crates during the day if we go out, and can't take them with us. We usually take them with us most places, but when we can't, it's safer for them to be crated as they eat and chew things.

mrsjamieforrest

Sep 11, 2014
Country
en_US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Yes absolutely! Bentley actually loves being in his crate at night, it's the only way he will go to sleep! All we have to say is come on BB lets go get in your house and he's there before we turn around! He goes in every night around 11 and out at 6:45 every morning unless it's weekends! He's only 9 months so we prefer to crate him basically for his own safety. We don't allow any kind of toys in there with him being that EBD can normally chew through almost anything, and he will lol other than that he's out for most of the day unless we have somewhere to go that he can't come! I honestly believe crate training is important for them just for the simple fact of emergency type situations and possibly having to board them at some point in their life, it will help lower the stress levels and also piece of mind for yourself knowing that they are okay having to stay in a crate!

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
Yes is crate trained too. She also loves her crate! She only gets the best treats when she is inside her cave :)

Lately I let her stay uncrated during the day but if I maintenance people coming over my apartment then I crate her for the day.

Also been noticing a lot of hair in my sofa.... maybe its time to get her back to her crate! She is making herself very comfortable when I am not there!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
No, not crate trained. I realise that there are different views on this among dog owners, but to me locking the dog up in a cage goes against my idea of having an indoor family dog. Furthermore, in Sweden, it's against the law to keep dogs in crates with doors, unless it's for transport or at shows.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Nope Bifi sleeps with us and has The run of The house when we are gone.

Chanticocat

Sep 20, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank, Ta-hank and Emma
Yes, they are. I had not planned to originally, but Hank came with an enormous crate. His behavior issues were a safety concern when we couldn't be home so I reluctantly put him in it. Mine eat in their crates as it keeps them from disputing whose bowl is whose. Miss Lulu seems to prefer to sleep in a crate and Ta-hank has health issues that require us to limit his ability to roam unattended.

binxrexchubbs

Oct 1, 2014
NH seacoast
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubbs W.C.
Yes, Chubbs is crate trained. He sleeps in there for naps & bedtime. He's in there when we leave for the day... for his safety, the cats' & our personal items. I work PT thus home more so he's not 'locked up' all day, only a few hours. Also, we put him in there to calm him down, it's his safe place.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs all sleep in their crates at night. One has to be crated if I go somewhere, because she started chewing the beds! She is young and hopefully will out grow it-or not!

H

HoldenIron

Abraham is. He has a wire KONG crate we keep in the master bedroom. He sleeps there every night and stays there when we need to leave the house. During the day he is welcome to go in and take a nap without worrying about being locked in. It's his safe place to go. We call it his "house". When we want him to go in it all we have to say is "Abe, go get in your house" and he happily complies.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Yes, all of my dogs are crate trained. Farley only uses his crate when we leave the house. He has a bad habit of peeing inside while we are away. If he is in his crate he wont do this and I can put him outside to potty as soon as we get home.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Not sure if the apartment would be considered crate living. Weesie and I are such wimps we felt like a crate was like a cage. But the boys love the apartment.

View attachment 81029

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Yes both of my guys are crate trained and sleep every night in them with the door closed.I also still use a baby monitor because they are on the other side of the house from our bed room.
IMG_1966 (800x450).jpg

JenBrute

Dec 1, 2014
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Brutus is 5 months old now and has slept in his crate since we got him at 2 months. We had to drive 10 hours to get the little guy and he was in that crate for the whole 10 hours back to our home except for breaks and he loved it! He has been fantastic with the crate and only sleeps in there. Otherwise, he has the roam of the downstairs when I am home and he has his play room (our boot room that is quite large and tiled, full of toys and water) when we are away during the day. We have a baby gate that separates him from the rest of the house while we aren't at home.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online