Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Our Roxy started having what we and the vet feel are allergies a few days ago. She is 9 weeks old and we noticed shortly after they cut the grass in our complex. She started with a mild pink irritation on her under belly where there was no hair. The vet gave us some medicated wipes to use 2x per day so we did that. The next day she had a full on rash (pictured)View attachment 91555

We have been also noticing her face areas getting pinker than normal....has anyone used or do they reccommend using Desitin on her face wrinkles to help this? We try to wipe with water each day but we do not want it to get worse. I feel so helpless and it is a bit scary when these things happen all at once :/

I use Desitin. I realize the possible dangers (if ingested), but that has been the only product that keeps the red/rawness away under Bass' nose rope and works really well with keeping his tear stream dry so the yeast can not build.
We came out of a bad food transition a while back and the tear stains were horrific! Plus we have to deal with New England environmental allergies every season changeā€¦IMO Desitin works great, just careful not to put on any areas where she could lick it off (paws, black part of nose ectā€¦). She may be sensitive to one or more of the ingredients in the wipes also? What did they give you? It IS scary when things happen, especially all at onceā€¦which is why I always jump on here;)

SpiderGrrl

Oct 8, 2015
NorCal, USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
Acana and Orijen are made by the same company.
Orijen is the higher quality, higher protein (by a significant amount), and more expensive mix.
My cats were great on Acana.
I'm feeding my bulldog something different though.

SpiderGrrl

Oct 8, 2015
NorCal, USA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
Just to note ... the only treatment for an allergic reaction is benadryl (diphenhydramine) or in extreme cases epinepherine.
Things like Desitin or Neosporin or anything other than benadryl cream or a prescription corticosteroid will retard or reverse an allergic reaction. ...
Buy benedryl cream (wrap to prevent licking) and buy 25mg benedryl pills.

Prevention is another matter. ... exposure therapy, age acclimatizing, wiping down. ..but once it's on, only diphenhydramine or steroids will have any true effect. ...

banesa

Oct 11, 2017
USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tigger
How do I find out what is causing Tiggers eye swelling? Are allergy test expensive? Tigger hasn't been himself lately, now his eye is swollen and red :( we have a vet visit planned today but how can i avoid it in the future

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How do I find out what is causing Tiggers eye swelling? Are allergy test expensive? Tigger hasn't been himself lately, now his eye is swollen and red :( we have a vet visit planned today but how can i avoid it in the future

can you post a picture of Tigger's eye?

banesa

Oct 11, 2017
USA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tigger
can you post a picture of Tigger's eye?
He won't let me take pictures of his eye but we did make it to the vet that day turned out he had a ulcer & we got eye drops & a cone (which he is hating)
:lol:

they said we can expect him to start feeling better withing 3-4 days

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He won't let me take pictures of his eye but we did make it to the vet that day turned out he had a ulcer & we got eye drops & a cone (which he is hating)
:lol:

they said we can expect him to start feeling better withing 3-4 days

Little bugger! So glad you got the meds! Please keep us posted

Kandi

Aug 13, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Grunt and Pog
Our boy grunt has a 7 page allergy list!
Beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, venison and all fish, all potatoes, milk, eggs,cats and donā€™t get me started with outdoor allergies! We have to wipe him down after every trip outside. Meds everyday and close eye on what goes in his mouth! Itā€™s a nightmare!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Our boy grunt has a 7 page allergy list!
Beef, chicken, turkey, lamb, venison and all fish, all potatoes, milk, eggs,cats and donā€™t get me started with outdoor allergies! We have to wipe him down after every trip outside. Meds everyday and close eye on what goes in his mouth! Itā€™s a nightmare!

OH MY!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online