FAQ: Do you cut your bulldogs nails?

harley 83

Jul 27, 2015
Rome ga
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
zilia
I do zilias hers is white easy to see where to cut and she will just lay there as long as she has her chew toy I have a lot of practice my parents made me cut the dogs we had when I was young

Last edited:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i cut Lola's nails about twice a month with a normal guillotine cutter, try to get her when she's out of the tub when her nails are a bit softer. Her back toes are black. I usually cut where the new growth is, like a hangover. Then I cut very thin slices until I see more flesh than nail. I think I should cut more, but it's mostly flesh by the time I stop. Then Lola loves to get her nails filed with an emory board.

I taught her how to like it with LOTS of treats. Now if the treats are handy I will give her some throughout, but if not, she still tolerates it. She's 4 yrs old now.

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Yes, $20.00 every two-three weeks. Works great.

Yup! This is where im at with Dooley. He loves me to rub his paws and lets me do anything to him I need when it comes to Bulldog maintenance. But when it comes to actually cutting his nails hes Usane Bolt and is gone. Hes not having any of that.

Boborgemia

Jul 31, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
In my case I don't do it myself. I let just go to clinic.

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I found some clippers on Amazon.com with a shield on the back side that stops the nail from going too far. Works great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.