FAQ: How many times do you feed your dogs?

Marycarmen

Dec 4, 2015
Kentucky
Country
Estados Unidos
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Max is a puppy still, an he eat 3 times per day, in the morning and noon dry food and the evening 1 can of wet food, he is 7 months old and 60 lb of weight , but 1 week ago he don't want eat his dry food, I thinking change the food... what dry food love the bullys?

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
Betty gets fed 1 cup twice a day, 20 minutes after her morning walk and then around 6 in the evening.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
One cup in the morning and one cup late afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I'm not sure where I read it but I remember reading that the once thought of feeding once a day was now seen as cruelty and that twice a day was now the recommended norm for all dogs (I'm sure there are some exceptions). Maybe the once a day feeders should try and get some info on that.
I feed 3 times but that's probably not great either but it suits both me and the dog that way and he only gets the recommended amount over the three feeds not any extra. Vet said he's not overweight and just fully grown now at 8 months.

Otisparents

Jul 23, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
Re: How many times do you feed your dogs

We are feeding Otis 3X a day 1/2 cup each. To be accurate, we grind his food and add water so it becomes a paste. He eats so fast that this helps eliminate the mess of dry food, as well as the potential for aspirating food like our friends English did.
My concern is that he isn't getting enough? He is tiny. Almost 8 months and only 25 lbs?
His papa was a beautiful 45lb bully. He has a great looking head but looks like a high school baseball player LOL. All legs and ears and feet. 20170719_111818.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
That sure doesn't sound like enough food to me! He is very tiny. Bullies do come in all sizes, and you have to consider the size of his dam,also. Mine are 45lb.,59lb,and 52lb. The two biggest have the same parents and out weigh them both! Other members will have their say,but I have never had "skinny" dogs.
A photo looking down at Otis,would be very helpful. [MENTION=17410]Otisparents[/MENTION]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

We are feeding Otis 3X a day 1/2 cup each. To be accurate, we grind his food and add water so it becomes a paste. He eats so fast that this helps eliminate the mess of dry food, as well as the potential for aspirating food like our friends English did.
My concern is that he isn't getting enough? He is tiny. Almost 8 months and only 25 lbs?
His papa was a beautiful 45lb bully. He has a great looking head but looks like a high school baseball player LOL. All legs and ears and feet. View attachment 107148

oh boy he IS a cutie :) Sounds a bit 'light' on the food to me too though... like suggested, get a pic from above with him standing :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
At 8 months he should be getting 2 cups a day. Si up the amount at each meal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boborgemia

Jul 31, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet

Same with me, I feed my dog twice a day 1 for morning and at night time.

RalphTheBulldog

Aug 30, 2019
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Ralph

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, from the UK, can anyone recommend the best dry food for a Bulldog please? at the moment My Ralph is on Royal Canin, but i have a feeling chicken is causing him to itch.2222.jpg

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
We feed Zignature Duck. Duck formulas have worked very well for our dogs and all of our rescues for many many years.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Hi Guys,

I'm new here, from the UK, can anyone recommend the best dry food for a Bulldog please? at the moment My Ralph is on Royal Canin, but i have a feeling chicken is causing him to itch.View attachment 117361

Yes as RC is full of grains n definitely your dog will have issues. In UK you donā€™t have the same brands as us on the western side. The only one Iā€™ve researched you guys have is Acana. Zignature is great too but havenā€™t seen it. I think Iā€™ve answered you on another thread regarding this. So for now you should stick to acana ONE protein per bag (start with duck easier to digest) as itā€™s approx 60- 70% of meat! On ANY bags, need to check the meat protein n not legumes as a protein in the percentage. :)

Beautiful fur ball n love your bench!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.