FAQ: How many times do you feed your dogs?

Kaitlin Sara

Aug 27, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Mertz
Hi! Our Mertz is almost 1 (in Jan) and we feed him twice a day. One cup around 630am and one cup around dinner time about 5-6:30pm. Mertz does get small treats when he goes into his playpen when we leave for work and sometimes something extra in the evenings.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
You know, I feed my puppy, 1 cup + in the morning and then another cup + in the pm with fruits, bananas, mixed with a tablespoon of coconut (for his coat) + treats.

Each meal, he will be glutinous, maximus, and consume his kibbles in a couple of minutes then his fruit for few more seconds and follows me around to say, hey is that all your feeding me. If you see him for the 1st time, you would think that this animal is being underfed based on how he acts.

I do not him to get all fat which contributes to his own detriment and demise.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Twice a Day, Morning and Evening, and a treat in the afternoon, and at bedtime.

BuddercupKelly

Jan 5, 2014
Citrus County, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Dozer gets one cup in the am and one in the pm, plus two 1/2 snacks a day. However, and don't scold me, he does get a few bites of people food at dinner time and if I snack. I love sharing with him, but try to limit it to just a bite or two.

SPChildsBulldogs

Nov 4, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy (8) Ozzy (7) and their daughter Lucy (4)
I leave food out for my 3 24/7. I have always done this.

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
I would just fill the bowl up full and she ate what and when she wanted. Her vet wanted her to lose a few lbs which I couldn't understand and she told me to cut back on her kibble a little bit. When going for annual she had put on weight but she also had filled out in areas also. I was expecting her to say she should have lost weight ect... but she said completely healthy and I reminded her of what she said previous visit and she said my girl was all around healthy. Since then I had decided to feed her twice a day which I measure amount also to know exactly how much she is actually eating. She is fed in AM & PM with pumpkin for her treat.

caitlinstew

Nov 9, 2014
Reno, NV
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I work from home, so I am around all the time.
So Bruce gets three meals a day. 7:30 am, 12:30 pm, and 6:30 pm, 1 cup at each meal.

He just turned one last week, and weights 45 pounds.

MichelleDavis

Jul 22, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chase
Excluding the treats, our bulldog gets fed twice a day. Once when we wake up and once when I get home from work. He seems quite content with that!

Michelle & Wesley

NicosMom

Jan 23, 2015
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nico & Lexi (RIP Tia 6/08-5/19)
We've always let them free feed, meaning they have food and water available 24/7. I know this not a popular method but we've never had a problem and they seem to do very well with it. We had a rescue once that wasn't used to this so we let her scarf all the food down and filled the bowl again, she got sick once and then never again scarfed her food again. I think they just learn that food will be there and not to worry about it.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Re: How many times do you feed your dogs

For us always twice a day , morning app 7 to 8 am and just after our dinner app 6 pm

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
He's on 4 cups a day so he gets half a cup at 6.30am (only way I gan get him out to the bathroom) then 2 cups at 11 am and a cup and a half at 8 pm. If he gets treats we reduce the evening meal to 1 cup.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Ruckus and Regina both eat twice per day. Half in the morning and half at night. I mix either yogurt or cottage cheese in their morning kibble. They get treats in between and I share with them on days we grill meat and veggies, but then sometimes I reduce their dinner. Regina is only 7.5 months old and fed her 3xs per day until recently. She doesn't seem to miss her midday meal, Ruckus on the other hand demanded 3 meals per day until he was around 1 maybe even a few months older. I tried to switch him to 2 earlier but he would beg at lunchtime. Now Ruckus gets 3 cups per day and Regina gets 2 and 1/4 -- she's significantly smaller than Ruckus.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I feed Bella twice a day. I aim for about 6:30AM/PM. She gets yogurt and ACV toppers on both meals. Generally, there are no snacks between meals.

Chanelle13

Jan 8, 2016
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Romulan & Roscoe
I feed my big man 1 and a half cups of Acana Pacifica Twice a day!!

Kimberlie

Aug 15, 2015
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy Hudson Nash & Milton Virgil
3 times a day

3:30 am
& 6 pm

40 pounds at 8 months

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts