FAQ: How many times do you feed your dogs?

Bella and Dozers Dad

Community Veteran
Feb 2, 2014
Clayton, NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dozer and Koda
Re: How many times do you feed your dogs

The pups three times a day till Dozer is a year old, Mia, Buster and Anne two times a day.I do feel folks that feed once a day are doing so for there own needs.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Re: How many times do you feed your dogs

I'm feeding Mr. Wally 3x a day, but I switch to 2x a day here soon. [MENTION=6047]jimmyjj[/MENTION] that pic… :bigeyes:

Christian1971

Sep 2, 2014
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie, Zoey
I fill up the dish once per day with about 3 cups of taste of the wild. Generally doesn't eat all of it at once. Grazes throughout the day. Refill water dish 2 or 3 times per day. I avoid treats from the pet store. My dog loves to chew on antlers. At night she will work her teeth. Has zero plaque! My wife thinks Josie gets depressed when I head of to work. She sits in her bed and stares. Always look forward giving her smooches on the lips. She smells kind of like corn chips. I think she is also jealous when my wife gives me attention. She gets in between us.

ThatsBull

Sep 10, 2014
Saskatchewan
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tia
We always fed once a day, at night, but then our old rottie (he's 10, we adopted him about 6 months ago though, from the same SPCA where we got Tia) got really really sick with pancreatitis. He had an adverse ataxic reaction to an anti-nausea med on top of the pancreatitis, and was an absolute mess. He spend 5 days in the vet clinic, home for 4 days, then back to the vet clinic for 2 more days. He was not eating, and hadn't eaten in about 2 weeks. When he started feeling a bit better, we were offering him wet gastro food about 5 times a day. As he progressed and we moved to kibble, we decided to feed him twice a day to try and help regulate his blood sugar (he is acting very diabetic, this is all very recent). When we did that, we decided to start feeding all 3 dogs twice a day to make it easier, since they are all on different foods. My husband can't keep track of who gets how much of what, so he feeds them each 1 cup at night, I make up the difference in the morning.

Kevikell

Jun 9, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
Country
us
Bulldog(s) Names
Bridgette, Maybull & Heidi ('03-15)
2X per day measured feedings plus a bit of raw goat milk mid day and 3 home baked treats.

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
2x day (3/4 cup since our vet said she could lose some weight :/) I also give her healthy treats.... but we don't have a schedule for those.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Twice a day, morning and late afternoon plus evening snacks and walks. Amount one cup of food twice a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

HoldenIron

Twice a day. One cup at each feeding. I give Abraham one pig ear each Sunday and it takes him all week to chew it up.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.