FAQ: What do you use to clean wrinkles and nose ropes?

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I use unscented sensitive skin baby wipes for Betty's wrinkles. She still has tear stains though (they don't smell funny or look irritated). She gets Brita filtered water because I heard that unfiltered water can sometimes cause tear stains. Any tips for getting rid of the stains? Does witch hazel do the trick?

ETA: Found the tear stain page!

She sounds like my Penny. I think her tear stains are food related. I wipe their face with warm paper towel after they eat, then the witch hazel. We use filtered water as well. Her tear stains don't smell look irritated either- just there. Not getting darker, so I might be going in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vatrice23

Jan 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Has anyone use Well& Good Hypoallergenic Deodorizing wipes for their Bulldogs to cleans the wrinkles on the head and face? I also brought Well & Good Eye Wipes to wipe her tear stains does anyone know if these are okay to use??

Isabel and Jackson

Jul 5, 2012
Relocate around the US once a year for work.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson and Izzy
I currently use Dechra Miconahex+Triz wipes. I get it from Amazon for $10! After wiping & drying, I also use Tritop, it helps protect & heal from all the cleaning that nose gets - poor guy used to get so raw from our twice daily cleanings. I also have a spray version of the wipes that I have to spray under his front paws (he has allergy issues that we currently are trying to figure out).

I used to use Malaket wipes & Chlorohexidine (Duoxo), which each worked at first but then became ineffective. Don't be afraid to try different wipes or even the household products others have listed - it all depends on the dog, I just have an allergic yeastball of a dog so we stick to the medicated stuff :yes:

BullyPotato

Aug 14, 2016
VT
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
After years of trying every product on Amazon I have found this to be most effective balance but every dog is different & both my dogs have skin allergies / sensitive skin:
1. Dry tissues daily used gently for eyes, nose, ears, & tail pocket. Keeping them dry + maintaining natural skin barrier is key...The longer a folded area is wet/moist, the more chance of yeast/ irritation/ tear stains.
2. MalAcetic Wet Wipes (cheaper but smell like fake peaches) OR Douxo Chlorhexidine Wipes (slightly more expensive but smells more neutral) weekly-ish depending if anything looks/smells funny, in between toes, nose, ears, tail pocket + extra special treat for putting up with it. Tater runs when he hears the MalAcetic wet wipes lid pop open:bully::rundog: but we don't blame him for not wanting to smell like "sh*tty peaches."
3. Douxo Antiseptic Chlorhexidine & Climbazole Mousse for yeasty flare-ups in toes or nose rope once a day for a week + extra special treat for putting up with it. This help restore the natural skin barrier that keeps out yucky irritations.
4. Snout soother for dry nose when needed, although this isn't a wrinkle, it's part of the routine.

Someone once said to me you have to think of cleaning routines for bulldogs like human babies & they were right!

Last edited:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=16233]BullyPotato[/MENTION] your comment..... MalAcetic Wet Wipes*(cheaper but smell like fake peaches)......Your sooooo damm right! I just went to smell my container and I swear you're too funny!!! So to remove the cheap peach smell add an essential oil like lavender as it's an anti inflammatory. Im sure bully potato wont answer as its an old post. But hes right!

BullyPotato

Aug 14, 2016
VT
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
[MENTION=16233]BullyPotato[/MENTION] your comment..... MalAcetic Wet Wipes*(cheaper but smell like fake peaches)......Your sooooo damm right! I just went to smell my container and I swear you're too funny!!! So to remove the cheap peach smell add an essential oil like lavender as it's an anti inflammatory. Im sure bully potato wont answer as its an old post. But hes right!
Great idea!!!!! I'll have to try that - thanks!

Hoosier

Dec 2, 2017
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Sherman
Cotton rounds with witch hazel.

📰 Latest posts

Members online