FAQ: What do you use to clean wrinkles and nose ropes?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
We use warm water cloth every day and after we wipe it all dry and once a week we use witch hazel and wipe dry - so far we haven't had any problems x

JDLaing

Sep 25, 2014
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Natures Miracle Wet Wipes. He likes face wash time. If it is too bad a warm washcloth with his medicated bath soap. Then rinse dry the wrinkles out good.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I do use witch hazel as well with a cotton ball. I clean her face with a wash cloth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Witch hazel and I also use Malacetic Otic (ear and skin cleaner) when they are gunky.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I use witch hazel. My guys don't really have deep wrinkles. most maintenance is done of Frankies tail.

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
I will probably try a very light solution of grapefruit seed extract and water and see how it works. GSE has some very strong anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties and just a drop or two in the water will make a good prevention, imo. I will see how it works once we get our pup and will let everybody know :)

Kucha

Feb 10, 2013
Country
Tokyo Japan
Bulldog(s) Names
Kucha
Unscented sensitive skin baby wipes, for wiping her eyes, nose rope, and dry paper towel to dry it afterwards.
Twice a day, after meals.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Miconahex + Triz wipes at the moment. They seem to work well for wrinkle cleaning every couple days.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
My vet recommended a warm wet washcloth once or twice a day for her deep wrinkles and it has made a huge difference in the skin on her face. She seems to like getting her face washed. Every now and then we use Malaket wipes, but she hates those.

Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
I use unscented baby wipes to clean the face and wrinkles. Washcloths are way to rough to use on the face. I also use Mal-a-Cet wipes to clean the wrinkles.

rwperro

Jan 13, 2015
Burlington, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sofia
Clean with soapy water mixture of warm water mixed with a medicated dog shampoo. Wipe dry and dust with Gold Bond if needed to help with moisture. If red and raw looking medicate with Desitin diaper rash ointment. Desitin also works well around the tail as well

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
I use unscented sensitive skin baby wipes for Betty's wrinkles. She still has tear stains though (they don't smell funny or look irritated). She gets Brita filtered water because I heard that unfiltered water can sometimes cause tear stains. Any tips for getting rid of the stains? Does witch hazel do the trick?

ETA: Found the tear stain page!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.