Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FAQ: What do you use to clean wrinkles and nose ropes?

Real Name
    Jenny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Farley Foo (6 year old)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: What do you use to clean wrinkles and nose ropes?

Miconahex + Triz wipes at the moment. They seem to work well for wrinkle cleaning every couple days.

Kennel Cleaner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fred
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kucha View Post
    Unscented sensitive skin baby wipes, for wiping her eyes, nose rope, and dry paper towel to dry it afterwards.
    Twice a day, after meals.
    Same here 👍

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

My vet recommended a warm wet washcloth once or twice a day for her deep wrinkles and it has made a huge difference in the skin on her face. She seems to like getting her face washed. Every now and then we use Malaket wipes, but she hates those.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

I use unscented baby wipes to clean the face and wrinkles. Washcloths are way to rough to use on the face. I also use Mal-a-Cet wipes to clean the wrinkles.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sofia
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Clean with soapy water mixture of warm water mixed with a medicated dog shampoo. Wipe dry and dust with Gold Bond if needed to help with moisture. If red and raw looking medicate with Desitin diaper rash ointment. Desitin also works well around the tail as well

Real Name
    Mandy
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Betty
    Likes (Received)

I use unscented sensitive skin baby wipes for Betty's wrinkles. She still has tear stains though (they don't smell funny or look irritated). She gets Brita filtered water because I heard that unfiltered water can sometimes cause tear stains. Any tips for getting rid of the stains? Does witch hazel do the trick?

ETA: Found the tear stain page!

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default FAQ: What do you use to clean wrinkles and nose ropes?

Quote Originally Posted by penguinspam View Post
    I use unscented sensitive skin baby wipes for Betty's wrinkles. She still has tear stains though (they don't smell funny or look irritated). She gets Brita filtered water because I heard that unfiltered water can sometimes cause tear stains. Any tips for getting rid of the stains? Does witch hazel do the trick?

ETA: Found the tear stain page!
    She sounds like my Penny. I think her tear stains are food related. I wipe their face with warm paper towel after they eat, then the witch hazel. We use filtered water as well. Her tear stains don't smell look irritated either- just there. Not getting darker, so I might be going in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harley
    Likes (Received)

Has anyone use Well& Good Hypoallergenic Deodorizing wipes for their Bulldogs to cleans the wrinkles on the head and face? I also brought Well & Good Eye Wipes to wipe her tear stains does anyone know if these are okay to use??

Pooper scooper Isabel and Jackson's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Relocate around the US once a year for work.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jackson and Izzy
    Likes (Received)

I currently use Dechra Miconahex+Triz wipes. I get it from Amazon for $10! After wiping & drying, I also use Tritop, it helps protect & heal from all the cleaning that nose gets - poor guy used to get so raw from our twice daily cleanings. I also have a spray version of the wipes that I have to spray under his front paws (he has allergy issues that we currently are trying to figure out).

I used to use Malaket wipes & Chlorohexidine (Duoxo), which each worked at first but then became ineffective. Don't be afraid to try different wipes or even the household products others have listed - it all depends on the dog, I just have an allergic yeastball of a dog so we stick to the medicated stuff

Rita

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Potato Pants (Tater)
    Likes (Received)

After years of trying every product on Amazon I have found this to be most effective balance but every dog is different & both my dogs have skin allergies / sensitive skin:
    1. Dry tissues daily used gently for eyes, nose, ears, & tail pocket. Keeping them dry + maintaining natural skin barrier is key...The longer a folded area is wet/moist, the more chance of yeast/ irritation/ tear stains.
    2. MalAcetic Wet Wipes (cheaper but smell like fake peaches) OR Douxo Chlorhexidine Wipes (slightly more expensive but smells more neutral) weekly-ish depending if anything looks/smells funny, in between toes, nose, ears, tail pocket + extra special treat for putting up with it. Tater runs when he hears the MalAcetic wet wipes lid pop open but we don't blame him for not wanting to smell like "sh*tty peaches."
    3. Douxo Antiseptic Chlorhexidine & Climbazole Mousse for yeasty flare-ups in toes or nose rope once a day for a week + extra special treat for putting up with it. This help restore the natural skin barrier that keeps out yucky irritations.
    4. Snout soother for dry nose when needed, although this isn't a wrinkle, it's part of the routine.

Someone once said to me you have to think of cleaning routines for bulldogs like human babies & they were right!
    Last edited by BullyPotato; 08-25-2016 at 11:03 AM. Reason: clarification
    Who farted?

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads