FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
I give my girl , naked food by Protein For Pets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi got a 6 month bulldog sofia she is on raw food for the past 3 1/5 months but im been feeding her with chicken only and of course veggies yogurt and fish oil

i think she is develop a skin allergy. i just want to know if bella still doing ok on raw and no allergy.. thanks

raw is usually the best way to go, but she may be allergic to the chicken.... have you tried other meats (turkey or duck)

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Monty is fed Acana Duck and Pear.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Julzz.....

Cod liver oil relieves joint stiffness associated with arthritis, positive effect on cardiovascular health, and help repair wounded teeth, nails, hair, and skin.

Ive raised dogs all my life. Nyala is my first bully and they are so so different than any other dogs. But one thing for sure ive always given my Dobermans, German Shepherd cod liver oil. Not one ever had joint issues nor skin issues. So Nyala is also on Cod liver oil and coconut oil. Im a big believer in both. GS are know for hip issues as the get older but not mine nor my brother who also gives that to his GS. She's on orijien puppy as she's 5 months old. She needs to get off puppy and get on the adult orijien. She's gaining too fast. 33lbs @ 5 months is like whooa. Lol. She's full of energy. Like having a 2yr old running in the house.

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
i feed my dogs wainrights grain free and 1/4 raw, a few times a week i mix in coconut oil to help with the digestive system and finish off a nice coat.....

i have 2 sisters and ended up feeding my babys on this because, paisley i could feed anything and she is fine but Nula however is a different kettle of fish,
eyes watering, runny poop, dirty folds or a mixture of all 3 .
now i have found a product or a mix of products that works for my dogs i ll never change

penguinspam

Feb 13, 2016
Poole, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Betty
i feed my dogs wainrights grain free and 1/4 raw, a few times a week i mix in coconut oil to help with the digestive system and finish off a nice coat.....

i have 2 sisters and ended up feeding my babys on this because, paisley i could feed anything and she is fine but Nula however is a different kettle of fish,
eyes watering, runny poop, dirty folds or a mixture of all 3 .
now i have found a product or a mix of products that works for my dogs i ll never change

We just switched Betty from Wainwrights Lamb and Rice to the Grainfree Whitefish and Vegetable and already noticing a difference. Her ears a lot cleaner, I used to have to clean her ears every 3-4 days or so and no more itching!

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
i had the same problem until i did the combo of wainrights and 1/4 raw..;pets at home have a good raw ( frozen )

We just switched Betty from Wainwrights Lamb and Rice to the Grainfree Whitefish and Vegetable and already noticing a difference. Her ears a lot cleaner, I used to have to clean her ears every 3-4 days or so and no more itching!

kathrynandmurphy

May 5, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Murphy
I have a question..is it okay to add a little bit of coconut oil to my 10 week old EB's food? or have any of you had breakouts or problems?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I have a question..is it okay to add a little bit of coconut oil to my 10 week old EB's food? or have any of you had breakouts or problems?
At that age you could add a little bit but I wouldn't do it every day. Maybe every other day or every 3 days.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Elmo and all of my other dogs eat Fromm, and also Canidae canned food added to the Fromm. I buy them different flavors of the Fromm, but the Canidae canned is always chicken and rice, all of my babies have done wonderful on this food.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Mabel eats Life's Abundance. We have been reps for many years. She has done very well on the food and loves it. We started feeding the food with our bullmastiffs because of the horrible recall several years ago. We have full confidence in our food. :)

slawson

May 14, 2016
Country
United State
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey
Currently until we get her a good diet, Miss Bailey is eating Authority Adult Chicken & Rice..

It was the only food I could find that she could lift up with her bottom jaw without losing all the food and drowning her face in the bowl, so it works!
She hasn't gained a whole lot of weight, but just enough to look healthy again.

Weighed her this morning at 43lbs, up from 37lbs we adopted her a few weeks ago!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.