Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

not sure if i answered this thread.

Fromm's grain free Lamb & Lentil
    Hug your bully today

Real Name
    dawn
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chopper
    Likes (Received)

I feed mine on Millie's it's great food with toppers few times a week which he loves like sprinkle of tuna or vegetables scrambled egg also for a topper we had so much trouble on other food this Millie's has changed him so much he doent pass stinky wind now lol and it's helped his allergy it has been great change in his behavour too it's fab
    Last edited by Violet; 01-28-2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Miss spelled word

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by minibull View Post
    Thanks for the tips and for sharing that article and the fish stock link! We will definitely try the blueberries, kale, broccoli, chia, and sweet potato. I may try the fish stock but will likely have to pay for shipping with cooler b/c the company does not appear to sell in our area. How long does it keep after opening and does it last a while if you don't open it? I'd also like to try fermented veggies but wonder where to get them as I don't know how to do it myself.

These foods are all "anti-inflammatory" and in theory should further help to reduce allergic inflammation at its root cause. Buttercup's allergies are very well controlled right now (as long as I wage war on house dust and keep her from falling asleep with her nose buried in the carpet) but I'm slightly dreading the return of outdoor allergens after the winter thaw. Fingers crossed, but we'll try the dietary measures, too!
    Here is a link to Answer's web site.....They do have store serach on there front page. > Answers Raw Pet Food Company

They ship the fermented fish stock frozen, and will last fourteen days after thawing keeping it in the refrigerator. There is tons of info on fermenting your own veggies though Google and u-tube.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buttercup
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! I live near the middle of nowhere but thank goodness for USPS, UPS, and FedEx which allow me to get most everything we need that stores around here don't have!

I've considered learning to ferment and have put it off, but now here is my excuse to try it as we will enjoy them even if Buttercup turns out not to be a fan.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by minibull View Post
    Thanks! I live near the middle of nowhere but thank goodness for USPS, UPS, and FedEx which allow me to get most everything we need that stores around here don't have!

I've considered learning to ferment and have put it off, but now here is my excuse to try it as we will enjoy them even if Buttercup turns out not to be a fan.
    Would love to hear how it works for you, I will try at some point to try and cut some feeding cost but have little time right now.

Real Name
    dawn
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chopper
    Likes (Received)

Shame you don't live in uk our dog was just the same wouldn't eat for days till we found this Millie's wolfheart pedigree dog shows use a lot of this food it contains meat proteins which are complete proteins and are far more digestible its gluten and grain free he's only 7months but his allergys have gone & also his behaviour is so good now

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

I am getting quite confused with what to feed my dog. I looked at the 5 recommended foods and they are high in protein but then in another section it says this:

What should I be looking for in Dog Food when it comes to the English Bulldog Breed?
    A: More commonly, you should look for a food that is grain & corn free, has plenty of enzymes and probiotics, and a good source of protein. Typically, unless you have a rare case of an active bulldog (a skateboarder for example), you want to feed less cups per day than what is recommended on the bag by half, and definitely want to reduce the protein intake. Grain & corn free is best for most bulldogs. With much study and investigation, we have found what we think are the best dog foods on the market for bulldogs. Click the link below to view our Top 5 Foods, and more importantly, WHY we choose these foods.

So my question is.... which is it? High or low protein?

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think in general high-protein is bad. But what Falls into the category of high-protein? We feed Fromm. I know a lot of bulldog owners on the site feed it also. We feed the grain free and you can actually switch between the proteins if you choose something initially that doesn't work or you're just looking for a change

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Libra926 View Post
    I think in general high-protein is bad. But what Falls into the category of high-protein? We feed Fromm. I know a lot of bulldog owners on the site feed it also. We feed the grain free and you can actually switch between the proteins if you choose something initially that doesn't work or you're just looking for a change
    I'm curious to know where Fromm's falls in on this as well…

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Another reason I ask about the protein is that since we have had Monty our grass is turning yellow and dying where he pee's. I know it sometimes happens with females but this is a first for any male dog we have ever had and doesn't happen with our other dog. We follow him around with a watering can to try and dilute it but that doesn't seem to be working! When i asked the Vet about it and he said it was too much protein in his urine and to lower the protein intake. Not an easy job with the premium foods. I also tried to do some research online and it says the Ph is too high which is caused by minerals. My head is spinning!! I certainly want to do the best for him but I also don't want what little grass we do have to die and become a mud pit which is where we are heading. I don't know which way to turn at this point!! Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Country
    Boulder, Colorado, USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kira
    Likes (Received)

Default FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

This is a VERY reputable and highly respected world-wide breeder of French and English bulldogs, located in California. I HIGHLY recommend everyone take a look at her website explaining why high protein raw diet is by far the healthiest choice for your dog [breeder link removed]
    Also, on the website there is a link to an amazing talk by Dr. Becker (veterinary doctor), who gives an eye opening talk about kibble and raw food diet for dogs. I personally loved the talk and would recommend it to all dog owners. In case you prefer listening the talk on yourtube (or would like to share the link with other people), I went ahead and located a direct link to the talk by Dr. Becker https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx2YIIpF4cc
    Last edited by bullmama; 02-22-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Real Name
    Elizabeth
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King George
    Likes (Received)

We are now on Royal Canine Urinary.. Had George on Orijin and Fromm. I loved what the Fromm Beef Fritatta did for his allergies and ear infections but the vet and husband think that the high protein messed up his pH causing our most recent issue with bladder stones and a surgery. We won't know for sure until the results come back I assume but we are on a constant food search. Once I get the go ahead I am looking into something from the Honest Kitchenas suggested by a few people on here!
    Follow George on Instagram-- @georgemichaelthebulldog

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Remove Ads