Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Wrinkle Wiper Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Fromm Heartland Gold Grain-Free Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food. Started the switch (mixing) at eight weeks from the breeders brand and no problems at all, since I kind of live in BFE I order it and like Chewy's excellent CS and pricing.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Charley, a 5 year old male
    Likes (Received)

Charley is getting the new American made single protein Acana and is doing well. Had him on another food for awhile but have come back to Acana.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Hello,
    I have been feeding
    Hill's Ideal Balance Adult Grain Free Natural Salmon & Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food. My bulldog has continued to get hot spots and inter-digital swelling. He's a rescue boy and has been stinky since I've had him. He's been on several different foods and his skin is better than it was but I just can't quite get to problem free.

I'm really frustrated now that I learned that the food I have been feeding contains chicken. I had no idea! I purchased Merrick Limited
    Ingredient Diet Real Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food, which says it contains no chicken right on the package, I bought this on recommendation after learning my food wasn't what I thought it was but then I didn't find it on the list on the forum and wonder if it's okay. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks so much,
    Kalyn
    Kalyn, mom to rescue boys:
    English Bulldog, DOB: March 3, 2010, rescued May 26, 2014
    American Cocker Spaniel, DOB: September 25, 2010, rescued June 1, 2011

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyn View Post
    Hello,
    I have been feeding
    Hill's Ideal Balance Adult Grain Free Natural Salmon & Potato Recipe Dry Dog Food. My bulldog has continued to get hot spots and inter-digital swelling. He's a rescue boy and has been stinky since I've had him. He's been on several different foods and his skin is better than it was but I just can't quite get to problem free.

I'm really frustrated now that I learned that the food I have been feeding contains chicken. I had no idea! I purchased Merrick Limited
    Ingredient Diet Real Salmon and Sweet Potato Recipe Dog Food, which says it contains no chicken right on the package, I bought this on recommendation after learning my food wasn't what I thought it was but then I didn't find it on the list on the forum and wonder if it's okay. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks so much,
    Kalyn
    You might try a different protein source. Our Charley cannot handle salmon at all!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Mitchel View Post
    You might try a different protein source. Our Charley cannot handle salmon at all!

What protein do you feed?
    Kalyn, mom to rescue boys:
    English Bulldog, DOB: March 3, 2010, rescued May 26, 2014
    American Cocker Spaniel, DOB: September 25, 2010, rescued June 1, 2011

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

What protein do you feed?
    Right now, duck, alternating each bag with pork. Each dog is different. Charley was also reacting with a Dogswell Livefree protein blend. We just need to give him more veggies with the Acana because he gets constipated!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello,
    I have been feeding

Thanks so much,
    Kalyn
    Merrick used to be a real good food but they were recently bought but Purina-- so time will tell.

My girl was vert allergic to chicken and could not handle salmon --- try pork or beef and see how he does

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

9. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissWaddles13 View Post
    I give my girl , naked food by Protein For Pets.

Just curious if your still using the "naked food" (I believe it's sojo's?) I was using and liked but didn't stick with it. I cant even remember why now :/ If so, how is it going with it? thanks

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon Mitchel View Post
    Charley is getting the new American made single protein Acana and is doing well. Had him on another food for awhile but have come back to Acana.

I read somewhere in the new Kentucky Plant someone's dog got sick from tne American plant. Hang on let me gomlook for the post

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala
    Likes (Received)

Shawna Murdockan hour agoThe new Acana from the plant in Kentucky instead of Canada made my dog super ill. Also read online many people complaining of the new formula from the new plant making their dogs ill. Received one reply to my comment from a lady whose dog died of liver failure 3 weeks after the new Acana formula. I included the screen shot of her post as I believe people need to know this ! Click the VIEW button and read her post........
    Shawna Murdockan hour agoThe new Acana from the plant in Kentucky instead of Canada made my dog super ill. Also read online many people complaining of the new formula from the new plant making their dogs ill. Received one reply to my comment from a lady whose dog died of liver failure 3 weeks after the new Acana formula. I included the screen shot of her post as I believe people need to know this ! Click the VIEW button and read her post.*Hide

-original-jpeg

Ive been very business with a company in food industry I own and I also cook for Nyala. Days I have to bring Nyala to my sons to babysit so shes not 12 hours on her own. Im thinking putting her on Acana but from Canada only 2 x a week when im gone with ACV in her water so she doesn't get crystal in her urine again. Acana is owned by Champion who also makes Orijen which I adore and made here in Alberta. Its a Canadian company. I would stick to the Canadian plant for sure. But thats me.

13. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Feed Store Operator MissWaddles13's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Pork Chop
    Likes (Received)

Default FAQ: What do you feed your bulldog?

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Just curious if your still using the "naked food" (I believe it's sojo's?) I was using and liked but didn't stick with it. I cant even remember why now :/ If so, how is it going with it? thanks
    I am no longer using it. Miss Porkchop got the wrong ingredient chicken! I found out it's not grain free. P4P were good about it the return and exchanged it .I got her usually Canidae salmon for life.
    After, this experience no more . They do have a grain free product. Our bullies high maintenance, as a mom my concerns are for her best interest.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member 1Chumly's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pam
    Country
    From England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Monty
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    I read somewhere in the new Kentucky Plant someone's dog got sick from tne American plant. Hang on let me gomlook for the post
    Monty was on the Canadian Acana for months and doing very well. We had to change to American made Acana (Canadian no longer available here) which was a complete change in ingredients and lo and behold, two months later he had a big yeast outbreak, ear infection and tail pocket infection. Can I say say it's the Acana for sure, no, but I am not taking any chances and he is now on Zignature. Fingers crossed.
    Chumly 2002-2014 A gentle soul and the love of my life.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Remove Ads