FAQ: Coconut Oil Q's

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Re: Coconut Oil Q's

Yes, be sure that the coconut oil you "feed" your dog is organic and unrefined/cold pressed. The refined stuff has most of the beneficial qualities removed so it's basically useless. On a separate note, coconut oil is solid but will liquefy if it becomes warmer than room temp.
Thank you . I am going to buy some this weekend and give it to Pork chop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rigginsluv11

Apr 12, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Riggins

I give Riggins a spoon full on his food once a day along with squeezing 1 capsule of fish oil. I just got it at the grocery store. 😃 His nose was getting sooo dry it was cracking and pieces were falling off. Since being on the coconut oil, his nose looks great!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I have read about coconut oil, how often do you give it to the bulldog ? Daily? Weekly? How much do you give 1 tbsp?

DennisD

Sep 10, 2014
Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie Mae

Organic virgin coconut oil for pets helps tremendously. About a teaspoon in the morning mixed with her kibble. Coat is shiny and soft, skin flawless. I also put a couple squirts of salmon oil on her evening kibble. That may be redundant since we feed her Natural Balance fish blend food, but something is working so we don't care to change it.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

coconut oil.jpgSo this is the organic coconut oil at costco. Harvey does not like adding the oil on his kibbles. So I will let him eat the dog food without anything. Then for second round, I will measure a tablespoon on a dish and add small slices of bananas. He will go through those in no time.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you very much. I have needed to be sure if I was doing the right thing. I give Pork Chop 1 tbsp. Coconut oil every night in her food. I bought it at Sprouts virgin coconut oil.

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I went to Costco w my mom. I bought coconut oil not sure if this is good
6605b01d8d1c7fe32eee79c0db6a4b40.jpg

H

HoldenIron

Abraham loves the taste! I tried putting some on his dry nose and he walked around all day licking his nose like a mad man! Drove me nuts!

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Daisy loves her coconut oil! Just like everyone else we do about a tablespoon in her food at night. She eats that first before her kibble lol And after I get her dried off I take some and rub it all over her body. It makes her so nice and fluffy! I love it :) She isn't found of it when I rub it on her face lol She will find a blanket and try to rub it off lol

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
We use Nature's Way extra virgin coconut oil and give Mabel about a teaspoon occasionally on her food. Her coat is luxurious since we started! Saturday she started running when I came after her nose, but she was pleasantly surprised when she realized it was coconut oil instead of her Biobalm. She spent a long time licking her nose.

stellasmom88

Feb 1, 2015
Western New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
So now that you've used coconut oil for months now what's the verdict? Are you still using it ? How long until you saw results? If not? What was your reason for stopping?

AlC2861

Nov 15, 2015
Hermitage, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bubba

AS a new owner I have wondered about the coconut oil also, Vikinggirl did a great job explaining the use of the oil. Thanks.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online