Is anyone still happily using Natural Balance??

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oliver and Sebastian are currently on Fromm (the beef frittata and the surf and turf), but because I just had to spend $128 at the vet today for meds for a double ear infection and infection in his folds, my vet suggested I try him on the NVI salmon flavor. So looks like I will be buying a bag of that to transition him over to. They almost have full bags left of both flavors and at $60 bucks a bag, I don't want to waste it.

I'm in the same boat. I placed the order from petflo two days ago for my next delivery, but I have plenty on hand for about a month. Switching to the NVI salmon. will transition slowly all five critters. I believe the potato is getting to them. huh......... we shall see.
Would really like to go raw, hubby says we have to many dogs. Will cause too many problems. Maybe he's right, I don't know. thought I could wear him down. No luck, and I'm tired.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well since he is already on nvi you could try the limited ingredient lamb or turkey flavor. one protein one starch and less protein and such may help with whatever is causing this. but natural balance has been successful for many bully feeders here so good luck with whatever you choose. also some canned pumpkin may help but since hes been given an enema maybe you wont need it. hope it goes well.

Last edited:

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2152]Kim Sebastian n Oliver[/MENTION] If you are having so many issues with ear infections I HIGHLY recommend NVI salmon! It was amazing how quickly it helped clear up my Samson's ear infections where nothing the vet could prescribe for over 6 months could not clear it up alone.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
@Sherry @Kim Sebastian n Oliver If you are having so many issues with ear infections I HIGHLY recommend NVI salmon! It was amazing how quickly it helped clear up my Samson's ear infections where nothing the vet could prescribe for over 6 months could not clear it up alone.

this is Oliver's first infection and I don't want to escalate into something chronic. His right ear has always collected more crud than the other, so I'm switching him over to NVI

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
BabyGirl and Wilson are on NVI beef and lamb grain free. BabyGirl is perfect but Wilson still having allergy flare ups so now I'm transitioning to NVI Salmon. Will let you know how it goes.

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
I feed Brooke the Natural Balance Alpha Dog: Trout, Salmon meal, and Whitefish formula. She's been on it since we brought her home from the breeder and she's been doing great for the most part.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
@Sherry @Kim Sebastian n Oliver If you are having so many issues with ear infections I HIGHLY recommend NVI salmon! It was amazing how quickly it helped clear up my Samson's ear infections where nothing the vet could prescribe for over 6 months could not clear it up alone.

yep yep, that's what I ordered. It's not really ear infections per say, the girls are fine, but the two boys get one dirty ear each, a bit cruddy, just every now then. I catch it immediately, but it would be nice for them not to have any issues at all.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I feed Brooke the Natural Balance Alpha Dog: Trout, Salmon meal, and Whitefish formula. She's been on it since we brought her home from the breeder and she's been doing great for the most part.

If this Nature's Logic Lamb doesn't work out - this is where I'm headed next. Bea and Bo were both on Bison/Sweet Potato - and doing just fine - except Bo has a case of "Stink Head" - so (per the wisdom of this board), I was losing the potato part of the equation in hopes of controlling yeast (if that's indeed what the problem was). Too soon to tell with the new food since it's only been - 17 days (after today). After the hive scare yesterday, I'd put up with stink head to avoid that ANYTIME. I'd prefer to have them both on the same food - but again, I'll hunt bison or catch the salmon myself to avoid that hive thing again. *shudder*

KENNETHMD

Aug 2, 2011
Our 5 month old stella is 36lbs and has been on Natural Balance Sweet Poatoe and Bison for 4 of those momths, her poops are firm and she loves the food, What's there not to like i'm not changing. I think Natural Balance LID food is a high quaility food good for dogs that are, or may, become alergy prone.

H

heff101

I was really happy with Natural Balance....after I threw the bag in the garbage.
Switched to Royal Canin Bulldog formula. Heff is doing great on it and hardly any gas!

OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
I was really happy with Natural Balance....after I threw the bag in the garbage.
Switched to Royal Canin Bulldog formula. Heff is doing great on it and hardly any gas!

Ugh.. Haha. That's how I felt with the instinct. We just used royal canin gastro intestinal for a week to calm ruckus' belly. We just finished transitioning from the RC to natural balance and so far so good. Keeping fingers crossed!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yup..our next trial will also be Natural Balance..I know too many bullies doing well on it not to try! I'm staying with Fromm for a couple more bags though!

Last edited:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
@Piamitch i was wondering if you had thought of maybe adding some canned food to his diet to give him some more water to help loosen him up some. also the natural balance is a good food for dogs with allergies and the new alpha line has more ingredients but does have more protein in it. also taste of the wild has two formulas salmon and lamb that are lower protein. there is also a food ive been looking at called pure vita made by nutri source that is limited ingredient also. they use peas and sweet potato instead of regular potatoes. they have a turkey and a salmon one also. its not nutro but nutri source. i so hope he gets better i know you have had a time with food.

Last edited:
OP
Piamitch

Piamitch

Sep 5, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION], I know adding wet is an option but never had to before. Ruckus is back to pooping normal. I think the NVI was just too much of something for his system. Honestly I'm happy it was food related and not a medical concern. Right now were all switched to Natural Balance LID sweet potato& salmon. He looks great, shiny, whitest whites, and pooping normal. He is still on one of the antibiotics for a few more days, but he finished the other antibiotic and no more stool softener for a week now. Keeping fingers crossed it stays this way!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=1169]Piamitch[/MENTION] i am so happy he is better. thats all we want for our bullies is to be healthy. :D

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.